Samyuktha Karthik is an Indian model, actor, nutrition coach, and social media influencer. In 2020, she participated in the fourth season of ‘Bigg Boss Tamil.’
Samyuktha was born on Tuesday, 31 December 1985 (age 35 years; as of 2020), in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She did her schooling from St Patrick’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai. Later, she attended Hindustan College of Engineering, Chennai to pursue BE (Civil). LinkedIn
Height: 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
She was born in a Hindu family. She is half Malayali and half Tamil.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Raman Nair, and her mother’s name is Prathiba Nair. She has one elder brother.
Relationships, Husband & Children
She is married to her long time businessman-boyfriend Karthik Shankar. The couple is blessed with a son, Rayan.
In 2007, she started working as a software engineer at Infosys, Mysuru. After working there for almost two years, she joined Arabian Publications in UAE as a media coordinator. In 2010, she started working as a business manager at Techzone. She then joined blackNgreen as head of operations in 2013. On 17 April 2015, Samyuktha started her own company ‘Karsam Solutions Private Limited’ in Chennai. In 2017, she started a franchise of Toni&Guy in Kerala.
She won the beauty pageant ‘Miss Chennai’ in 2007, and this marked the beginning of her modelling career.
She has also appeared in various TV commercials, like IDBI Federal Life Insurance, Indulekha Hair Oil, Happy Unicorn, and Safe Wash. In 2018, she debuted as an actor in the Malayalam film ‘Oolu.’ In the same year, she acted in the Tamil TV serial ‘Chandrakumari’ in which she played a negative role.
In 2020, she participated in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Tamil 4’ hosted by the famous Indian actor Kamal Haasan.
- Her name before marriage was Samyuktha S Nair and Samyuktha Shanmughanathan, and her nickname is Sam. Instagram LinkedIn Facebook
- She is a certified nutritionist and a trained Indian classical dancer too. She is also a professional Zumba instructor.
- She is a fitness freak and practices yoga regularly to stay fit.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns three pet dogs, Foofoo, Schindler, and Jintoo.
- She has worked as a model for various renowned brands and has walked the ramp for many popular fashion shows.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In 2020, she won the best model award by Realistic Awards.
- In one of her Instagram posts, she shared that she did not smoke. She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- Samyuktha and her husband have a collection of seven cars.
- She is trained in karate and martial arts.
- Her hobbies include travelling and dancing.