Vivek Dahiya is a television actor. He is best known for portraying the role of ‘ACP Abhishek Singh‘ in Star Plus’ show “Yeh Hain Mohabbatein.”
Vivek Dahiya was born on 8 November 1984 (age 34 years; as in 2018) in Chandigarh, India. He attended Chandigarh’s St. Stephen’s School and went to De Montfort University, England to pursue M.Sc. in International Business Management. Although Vivek liked to act and was a part of his college theatre, acting was never a career option for him. After completing his Masters, he worked in the IT sector in the United Kingdom. It was during one of his visits to his hometown that a modelling assignment landed to him.
In 2011, he won the Mr. Chandigarh competition and relocated to Delhi. Initially, he took up modelling assignments for apparel brands and products. He did print ads and ramp walks. It was after winning the Manhunt Contest that he relocated to Mumbai and started working with fashion designers.
Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: 74 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 41”, Waist 32”, Biceps 15”
Family, Caste & Wife
Vivek belongs to a Hindu Jat Family. His father is a lawyer and his mother is a housewife. Vivek has a sister named Riya Dahiya.
Vivek married Divyanka Tripathi on 8 July 2016 in Bhopal.
Vivek made his acting debut in 2013 with the tv serial “Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera” in which he portrayed the negative role of ‘Rajveer Thakur.’ In the same year, he made an appearance in the TV series “Yeh Hai Aashiqui.”
In 2015, Vivek bagged the role of ACP Abhishek Singh in the Star Plus’ serial “Ye Hai Mohabbatein.” Subsequently, he appeared in “Kavach — Kali Shaktiyon Se” and “Qayamat Ki Raat.”
In 2017, he participated in the season 8 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye” with his wife, Divyanka Tripathi. The couple won the show.
In 2018, Vivek also appeared as a guest in the comedy show “Kanpur Wale Khuranas” alongside his wife Divyanka Tripathi and Hina Khan.
Vivek won the “Most Fit Actor” Award at the Gold Awards.
- Food: Lebanese food
- Colours: Blue, Silver
- Travel Destination: Las Vegas, Istanbul, Rome, Bali, Maldives, Carribean Islands
- Vivek is very particular about hygiene and cleanliness.
- His hobbies include reading, play station, kick-boxing, travelling, and writing.
- Divyanka Tripathi fondly calls him Viv.
- His dream role is to play Ari Gold portrayed by the actor Jeremy Piven in American comedy serial Entourage.
- The best gift that Vivek has received from his wife, Divyanka Tripathi, is a Fitbit sports watch that keeps a track of one’s activity and heartbeat.
- Vivek is very conscious about his diet and fitness.
- Vivek once received a threat message from a student when he acted to kill a character on the show “Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera.”
- In an interview, Vivek said that he would love to globe-trot and keep on clicking pictures of the things that catch his eye.
- Vivek is very fond of watching American and British TV shows.
- He is a huge fan of Byomkesh Bakshi as played by Rajit Kapur and The Jungle Book.
- Vivek is a member of 24 hours gym and never skips his workout even if he is late for his work.