Paras Bhushan Kalnawat is an Indian television actor and model. He is best known for playing the role of ‘Sanjay Prince’ in the TV serial, “Meri Durga” (2017).
Paras Kalnawat was born on Saturday, 9 November 1996 (age 25 years; as of 2021) in Bhandara, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his class 12 from a school in Nagpur. Kalnawat desired to become an actor since childhood. While in school, he used to take part in plays. After completing his schooling, Paras moved to Mumbai to make a career in acting. He did B.Com correspondence from Mumbai’s S.K. Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce. Simultaneously, he started learning dance from the popular choreographer, Terence Lewis. Paras, then, joined Barry John’s acting classes to learn acting.
Height (approx.): 6′ 2″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Grey
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Paras’ father, Bhushan Kalnawat is a Nagpur based businessman. Not much is known about his mother. He has one elder sister.
Paras was in a relationship with his Meri Durga co-star, Urfi Javed. The couple dated each other for a while and then parted ways.
Paras Kalnawat started his career as a model in 2016 by participating in and winning the People’s Choice Award Max Elite Model Look competition.
Subsequently, he walked the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week for fashion designers like Kunal Rawal , Monisha Jaisingh, Manish Malhotra, and Narendra Kumar.
He, then, worked as a model in many print shoots and TV advertisements.
Paras began his acting career in 2017 with the TV serial, “Meri Durga” in which he played the role of ‘Sanjay Prince Ahlawat.’
Next, he featured in TV serials like “Mariam Khan: Reporting Live,” “Aye Zindagi,” “Kaun Hai?,” “Laal Ishq,” and “Anupamaa.”
He made his digital media debut in 2019 with the web series, “Dil Hi Toh Hai 2.” Thereafter, he featured in the web series’ “Ishq Aaj Kal” and “Dil Hi Toh Hai 3.”
View this post on Instagram
Saza maut ki hi milegi, Par mujhe nahi… 🔥 – Faraz Sheikh Ishq Aaj Kal Season 4 streaming tomorrow at 12am on @zee5premium . @puneett_chouksey #Actor #IshqAajKal #Season4 #Bingewatch #Zee5 #Zee5premium #India #Fight #Action #LastSeason #I #Me #Instagram #Igers #Instago #Instagood #Bestoftheday #Picoftheday #Photooftheday #Trailer #Mumbai #Resort #Paraskalnawat
In 2020, he featured in the music video of the song, “Tere Naal Rehna.”
Paras Kalnawat’s contract with the makers of Anupamaa was terminated after he signed the celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 10 on a rival channel without their permission in July 2022. The show’s producer Rajan Shahi said in a statement,
We as a production house won’t entertain breach of contract. We have terminated his services as an actor with immediate effect. We wish him all the best for his future endeavors.”
While reacting to this, Paras claimed that by the time the makers of Anupamaa terminated his contract, he had not signed Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 10. Paras said,
I am looking forward to my new journey on Jhalak … But the fact is that I hadn’t signed Jhalak when the news came out in the media. But the makers felt that I did not inform them before giving a nod to the dance reality show. I can understand their point of view that I should have taken their permission or consulted them before considering the Jhalak… offer.”
Paras further added,
My character Samar was not having to do anything in the show since the past one year. After Nandini’s (Anagha Bhosale) character exited, my character hardly had anything to do. And then many new characters were introduced in the show and the focus shifted to another new family. I did not want to be reduced to just a family member standing in the background doing nothing on the show. I can understand that you have a track for a few months and then others come into focus. But I wasn’t really growing.” News 18
- Food: Salad, Waffle, Pizza
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Singer: Arijit Singh
- Colour(s): Black, White, Red
- Travel Destination(s): Kashmir, Paris
- Restaurant: Salad Station in Mumbai
- Apparel Brand: Under Armour
- Season: Winter
- Film: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)
- Perfume Brand: Gucci
- Mobile Application: Whatsapp
- Emoji: Love Struck
- Animal: Lion
- Festival: Diwali
- Cartoon: Tom & Jerry
- His hobbies include gymming and writing.
- Paras owns an Audi A6 and a Kia Seltos GT car.
- He is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Paras considers his dance guru, Terence Lewis his inspiration.
- In 2019, Paras bagged a Like Award for ‘Digital Debut of the Year’ for his web series “Dil Hi Toh Hai.”
- Kalnawat is very particular about his fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- Paras has got a wolf tattooed on his back. He has also got his ex-girlfriend, Urfi’s name inked on his right ankle.
- Paras has also worked as a line producer with the actor and director, Aneeta Patel on a few assignments.
- Kalnawat is obsessed with shoes and has around 75 pairs of shoes.
- Paras has a phobia of height and water.
- Paras was very shy as a kid; he hesitated talking to girls and his classmates till he was in class 10.
- He is not a party person and prefers staying home in his free time.
- His friends and family fondly call him Paru.