Anupam Shyam was an Indian film and television actor. He was popular for playing the role of ‘Thakur Sajjan Singh’ in the Hindi TV serial ‘Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya’ (2009) aired on Star Plus.
Anupam Shyam was born on Friday, 20 September 1957 (age 6e years; as the time of death) in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He did his schooling at G I C Pratapgarh. Later, he attended Ram Manohar Lohia University in Faizabad. He graduated from Bhartendu Academy of Dramatic Arts, Lucknow in 1985. He attended the National School of Drama, Delhi in 1987. Facebook Wikipedia
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Family, Caste & Wife
He was born to Radheshyam Ojha. His younger brother’s name is Anurag. His wife, Shavitri Shyam Ojha is from Allahabad.
He started his career as an actor with the Hindi TV series, ‘Amaravathi Ki Kathaye’ (1992).
He appeared in various TV serials including ‘Amaravathi Ki Kathaye’ (1992), ‘Amma and Family’ (1995), ‘Rishtey- Season 3’ (2005), ‘Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya’ (2009), ‘Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath’ (2013), ‘Doli Armaano Ki’ (2014), and ‘Krishna Chali London’ (2018).
He debuted in the Bollywood film ‘Sardari Begum’ (1996). He has acted in various Bollywood films like ‘Dastak’ (1996), ‘Dushman’ (1998), ‘Satya’ (1998), ‘Nayak: The Real Hero’ (2001), ‘Shakti: The Power’ (2002), ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ (2005), ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ (2008), ‘Raaz – The Mystery Continues’ (2009), ‘Munna Michael’ (2017), and ‘706’ (2019). He also acted in a few films of regional languages.
- He was also known as Anupam Shyam Saikia or Anupam Shyam Ojha.
- His ancestral home is in Raniganj near the native village of legendary Indian poet, Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- He founded an NGO for needy students. On 27 December 2011, he came out in the support of Anna Hazare’s movement.
- He received various awards for his performance in various TV serials and films.
- On 28 July 2020, he was rushed to Mumbai’s Lifeline Medicare Hospital due to kidney failure and was admitted to ICU. Anupam’s family members asked for financial help for his treatment. Cine & TV Artistes’ Association (CINTAA) also shared a post requesting donations for the actor. The popular Bollywood actor, Sonu Sood helped him during such a crisis.
Anupam’s brother, Anurag said,
Anupam was undergoing dialysis at Apex Kidney Care in the north Mumbai suburb of Malad. There’s a money crisis right now, so we are talking to people. We have written to Being Human website. We have informed some of Anupam’s friends about his condition. Manoj Bajpayee ji had called and said that he will look into it.”
- In 2014, he expressed his desire to contest the election from the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections either from Allahabad or Pratapgarh.
- In 2019, he got the opportunity to meet the 14th Dalai Lama.
- After his demise on 9 August 2021, Anupam’s brother Anurag Shyam claimed that Aamir Khan allegedly stopped taking their phone calls months after he promised to set up a dialysis centre in Pratapgarh. Anurag also revealed that the actor was upset as he could not visit his hometown to meet his mother who died a month earlier to the demise of the actor. Hindustan Times Anurag said,
Our family has been facing a lot. My mother died last month. Anupam was shocked that he could not go to Pratapgarh (where their mom stayed). Without a dialysis centre in the town, going there would have been a major health risk for Anupam. We urged for a dialysis centre in Pratapgarh and Anupam even went to Aamir Khan for the same.”