Nidhi Kumar is an Indian dancer, choreographer, actor, model, content creator, and YouTuber who became famous in 2023 when she appeared on the show Temptation Island India on JioCinema.
Nidhi Kumar was born on Thursday, 28 September 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Dubai. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She attended GEMS Our Own English High School, Dubai. She pursued a bachelor’s degree in media and communications, Advertising and Event Management at Manipal Academy of Higher Education – Dubai Campus.
When she was young, she dreamed of being an actor, but as she got older, her interests shifted, and she chose to pursue a career in dancing. She started her dance journey at the age of four. In an interview, she humorously shared that her family often teases her, saying that when she was born, the nurses commented, “Your daughter has come into this world dancing.”
At the age of 12, she went to Mumbai to take part in the show Boogie Woogie. She began choreographing at the age of 14. In 10th grade, she choreographed a sangeet ceremony in the UAE.
Despite being the top student in her class, she never aspired to be a doctor or engineer. Her true passion lay in the performing arts and being in front of the camera. During her college years, she used to perform dance routines at college festivals.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents. She has an elder sister, Honey Harley Quinn.
Nidhi is in a relationship with businessman Mohak Malhotra. Nidhi and Mohak initially connected on a dating app, with Nidhi making the first move after being impressed by Mohak’s shirtless photos. Their first date lasted for three hours, during which they enjoyed each other’s company and felt a strong connection.
After finishing college, she secured a position at a multinational company in the United Arab Emirates. She spent six months on a project, but then she left the job because she couldn’t stop thinking about choreographing dance moves while working.
Dancer and Choreographer
After leaving her job at the MNC, she began a full-time career in the performing arts. She taught herself how to dance. At the age of 20 in 2016, she posted her first Bollywood-style dance video on YouTube, featuring the song “Kaala Chasma.” It gained widespread popularity with more than 2.9 million views, earning her the nickname “Kaala Chasma” girl. Nidhi Kumar – YouTube She began sharing her dance videos regularly on various social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook. In 2017, her dance routine on the song “Mercy” was reshared by Sony Music India on Twitter.
She became a full-time content creator and gained popularity for being the first to share dance videos from the UAE. When she began creating content, social media wasn’t as widespread as it is today, so she had to independently search for information, acquire knowledge, and adapt her work accordingly. Once she mastered the effective use of social media, her fan base grew significantly. With many online students, she recognized the need to open a dance studio. At the age of 25, she established NKD Studio in Dubai.
Nidhi made her acting debut in 2016 with the show Khwaabon Ke Darmiyaan.
In 2018, she served as the TV host for the program ‘Body and Mind.’
In 2020, she appeared on the show Savdhaan India.
In 2023, she and her boyfriend Mohak Malhotra appeared on the show Temptation Island India.
- 2013: Best Actress Award at Kaleido Awards
- 2014: Award at IMT Vaudeville Fest
- 2014: Gold medal at Orbis’14 Manipal Dubai Group Dance
- 2016: Miss Congeniality at Urban Diva
- 2023: UAE’s Best Influencer on the Kris Fade Show
She owns a Toyota Revo Rocco.
A tattoo on her left leg.
- She likes playing basketball and travelling.
- In an interview, she said that her family provided her with much support and motivation when she changed her career path.
- In 2014, she was crowned Miss Manipal.
- In 2018, she featured in TV ads for Rainbow Milk and Kenwood.
- In 2020, she performed at Expo Dubai.
- In an interview, she mentioned that she hasn’t taken a break in five years, and at times, managing everything, including the studio, is quite stressful for her.
- In another interview, she mentioned that using social media requires strong determination because a single negative comment has the power to create problems.
- She has never been fond of the term “influencer.” Instead, she prefers to be called an artist.
- In an interview, she mentioned that through social media, she gets chances to work on advertising deals, collaborations with labels, and brand photoshoots.
- She considers her top three accomplishments in life to be surpassing 2.9 million views on her initial YouTube video, collaborating with Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddique for a commercial, and hosting her first TV show as a presenter for Colors Middle East.
- In addition to her dancing, she is also a model and has walked the ramp in numerous fashion shows.
- She frequently appears on the covers of various magazines.
- In an interview, she mentioned that Mohak is a dog lover, while Nidhi is afraid of dogs.