Omkar Kapoor is an Indian actor who is known for his appearance in the film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015). Omkar is well known for playing a child artist in the films Masoom (1996), Judaai (1997), and Judwaa (1997).
Omkar Kapoor was born on Friday, 31 October 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Omkar completed his graduation in commerce at Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 15″
Parents & Siblings
Omkar’s father’s name is Prakash Kapoor.
His mother’s name is Kanta Kapoor.
Omkar has an elder brother, Vikas Prakash Kapoor, who is a filmmaker in Bollywood.
Omkar Kapoor started his acting career as a child artist. He made his debut with the film Masoom (1996) in which he played the role of Kishan.
In 1996, he appeared in the film Chaahat in which he played the role of Vicky. In 1997, Omkar was seen as a child artist in various films like ‘Hero No. 1’ as Shekhar Jeevannath Tripathi, ‘Judwaa’ as Young Raja, and ‘Judaai’ as Romi Verma.
Next, he appeared in the film Sham Ghansham (1998), ‘International Khiladi’ as Young Devraj (1999), ‘Mela’ as Gopal (1999), ‘Aaj Ka Nanha Farishta’ as Suraj (2000), and ‘Ek Ajooba’ as Bakiya. In 2015, Omkar made his debut as an actor in the film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 in which he played the role of Tarun Thakur.
In 2017, Omkar appeared in India’s first web-based feature film ‘U, Me Aur Ghar’ as Mithilesh Chaturvedi. In 2019, he was seen in the film ‘Jhootha Kahin Ka’ alongside Rishi Kapoor and Jimmy Sheirgill in which he played the role of Varun Singh.
In 1993, Omkar appeared on Zee TV’s show Filmi Chakkar in which he played the role of Chintoo.
In 2014, he appeared in Epic TV’s show Siyaasat as Mahabat Khan.
In 2018, Omkar starred in his debut web series ‘Kaushiki’ as Ankush Maggi Patel on Viu India.
In 2019, he appeared in the ZEE5 web series ‘Bhoot Purva’ as Purva and ‘Bhram’ as Yash Khanna. In 2020 Omkar was seen in the first episode of ZEE5 web series ‘Forbidden Love’ season 1 titled ‘Arranged Marriage.’
I play the character of Neil Sen and he belongs to a traditional family. Owing to family pressure he gets into an arrange marriage. Eventually he falls in love with someone and is unable to hide. And then as usual emotional family drama follows.” International Business Times
In 2021, he was seen in the web series ‘Bisaat’ as Dr Abhijit Verma on MX Player.
In 2020, Omkar appeared in a music video ‘Makhmali’ alongside Ana Ilmi.
In 2021, he appeared in various music videos like ‘Rona Nahi’ alongside Pranutan Bahl, ‘Tauba Tauba’ alongside Khushbu Tiwari, ‘Meri Mohabbat’ alongside Sidhika Sharma, and ‘Sau Sau Wari Khat Likhe’ alongside Sidhika Sharma and Khushbu Tiwari.
Omkar Kapoor has featured in a few advertisements for popular brands like LG, Myntra, and Menzo Deo.
- 2015: Most Entertaining Actor in A Debut Role (Male) for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 at Big Star Entertainment Awards, India
- 2015: Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 at Big Star Entertainment Awards, India
Omkar Kapoor owns an SUV, MG Hector.
- Sport: Squash
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Holiday Destination: The United States
- Omkar assisted a few directors like Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Farah Khan while filming the Bollywood films like Sawaariya (2007) and Tees Maar Khan (2010) respectively. He also assisted Ahmed Khan as an assistant choreographer.
- Omkar Kapoor is often spotted drinking alcohol with his friends and family.
- According to Omkar, when he was twelve years old, he went to the United States, where he performed for the “Little Wonders” group in 1998.
- Omkar’s brother, Vikas Kapoor, used to work as Salman Khan‘s business manager. Salman Khan shared a tweet after the trailer release of the Bollywood film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015) in which Omkar played the role of Tarun Thakur.
the kid who played my bacchpan in judwa omkaar is in it.N also jai paji who used to b a fighter then action director his son @mesunnysingh
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) October 5, 2015
- In an interview, Omkar expressed his views on the existence of nepotism in Bollywood and said,
- Omkar appeared in the popular song ‘Chhota Baccha Samajhke Humko’ from the film Masoom (1996).
- Omkar Kapoor turned showstopper for designers Shruti and Mangaaysh at Pune Times Fashion Week (2018). The Times of India