Sayantani Ghosh is an Indian television actress who is also a model and a professional dancer. In her teenage, she was the winner of the Miss Calcutta beauty pageant. Soon after winning the title, she started working in several Bengali films. In 2006, she received the chance to work in the popular Hindi television show named Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan on the Star Plus channel. Later, Sayantani Ghosh starred in various Hindi television shows such as Naaginn, Mahabharat, Naamkarann, and Naagin 4. In 2012, she began participating in Indian television reality shows like Bigg Boss 6. As a lead actress, Sayantani Ghosh started working for Sony SAB’s television show Tera Yaar Hoon Main in 2020.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-24-35
Parents & Siblings
The names of her parents are not known.
Sayantani Ghosh has a brother named Somrik Ghosh.
Husband & Children
Sayantani Ghosh got married to her long term boyfriend Anugrah Tiwari on 5 December 2021. Anugrah works in the fitness industry.
The couple was dating each other for the last eight years before getting married to each other. The venue of their wedding was the hometown of Anugrah Tiwari in Jaipur. On 5 December 2021, Sayantani Ghosh Instagrammed her marriage pictures along with her husband with a beautiful caption. She wrote,
The best thing in life is to hold on to each other and here we are about to begin a new chapter in our lives. As we start our new journey, we have had an eternal blessing by my dida. The saree and my bangles that I’m wearing were given to me by her and it feels like she was a part of our celebration last night. Thank you Parama Ghosh for helping me with styling the blouse so last minute.”
Sayantani Ghosh was in an eight years relationship with Anugrah Tiwari before getting married to him on 5 December 2021.
Sayantani Ghosh made her acting debut in the Indian Hindi television show Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan in 2006 soon after winning the Miss Calcutta beauty pageant.
In 2008, Sayantani Ghosh began participating as a contestant in the television reality show Ek Se Badhkar Ek. The major breakthrough in her career came in 2009 when she signed as the main cast of Zee TV’s popular television show Naaginn where she played the role of Amrita.
In the following year, Sayantani Ghosh made a guest appearance as Pranali Gujral on Sony TV’s television show ‘Adaalat.’ Sayantani Ghosh rose to fame when she became part of the television reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ Season 6 for three weeks in 2006. In 2014, Sayantani Ghosh appeared as a contestant in the Life OK’s dance reality show Dare 2 Dance.
In 2015, she was part of the other eminent television reality shows including Comedy Nights with Kapil on the Sony channel and Comedy Classes on the Life OK channel. Sayantani Ghosh did a theatre show titled Ovee- A Haunted Hostel in 2019 and marked her theatre debut. Sayantani Ghosh participated in various television dance reality shows and award ceremonies as a professional dancer.
Sayantani Ghosh started working as a lead actress in Bengali films in 2005. She received this opportunity in the drama film Raju Uncle. Swapno and Sangharsha were the other two popular Bengali films in which she was cast as a lead actress in 2006. Sayantani Ghosh did the item song ‘Dhoka Dhoka’ in the Bollywood film Himmatwala in 2013.
Her favourite television shows are Comedy Nights Bachao (Colors TV) and So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
- Sayantani Ghosh follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- According to Sayantani Ghosh, a good artist and a performer could decide the long race on the television screen. In an interview with a media house, she narrated that everyone in the entertainment industry wanted stardom. Sayantani Ghosh stated,
Everyone wants Stardom, Face, Money. You can become a horse of a long race only if you are a good artist. It is going to be 14 years for me in acting. I love this profession very much, I want to play more good characters.”
- As per Sayantani Ghosh, she received Rs. 800 paycheck for her first modelling assignment.
- Sayantani Ghosh is a fitness fanatic. She does regular physical exercises to keep her body fit and fine. In a conversation with a media house, she talked about her fitness routine. She said,
I include a little weight training and cardio as a part of my daily exercise and as I love dancing, some days I sweat it out through Zumba as well.”
- Sayantani Ghosh remains very active on her social media accounts. She is followed by more than 767k followers on her Instagram account. She is also active on her Twitter handle where she is followed by 32k followers. She regularly shares her pictures and dancing videos on her social media to keep her followers entertained as in her leisure time, she loves dancing.
- Various renowned commercial and beauty products are often endorsed by Sayantani Ghosh on her social media.
- Sayantani Ghosh performs every type of character in her television serials that were offered to her in the Hindi television industry. In a conversation with a media house, she described that the adaptable and flexible acting skills did not require mandatory physical looks. Sayantani Ghosh said,
Ideally, looks should not matter, for, unlike a biopic, fiction does not call for physical similarities. I want to be known as a versatile actor, essaying many varied roles over the years (Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Naaginn, Mahabharat, Naamkarann, Naagin).”
- Sayantani Ghosh is often featured on the cover pages and articles of prominent newspapers, magazines, and tabloids.
- Sayantani Ghosh began her modelling career at a very young age. According to her, only the skinny, tall, and slim models were chosen for the modelling shoot when she started her modelling career. However, Sayantani Ghosh was a little bit heavier. In April 2021, in a conversation with a media house during a session at ‘Ask Me Anything,’ Sayantani Ghosh narrated an incident of body shaming and negativity that left her followers shocked when she stated that she received a disgraceful remark on her breasts by a woman during Sayantani’s modelling shoots in Kolkata in her teenage. Sayantani Ghosh told,
One of the first instances that I recall is from when I was 17-18 and doing a modelling shoot in Kolkata. While we have always conceived models to be tall, skinny, and slim, I was slightly on the heavier side. A woman came up to me and passed a distasteful remark about my breasts. Often, I have seen that it’s not just men but even women who make us feel bad about our bodies. A lot of these issues stem from our conditioning and mentality which needs to change. We have so much modern tech at our disposal but if our thinking is still limited to how a person should look, then it’s sad.”
- Sayantani Ghosh explained the first things in a video that were happened to her in her personal life including her first crush, best friend, her first kiss, first perfume, first audition, first fight, and first compliment.