Aishwarya Sakhuja is a popular Indian television actress and model. She gained immense popularity with the Sony TV’s serial ‘Saas Bina Sasural’ (2010), in which she played the character of Toasty.
Aishwarya was born on Friday, 4 January 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019), in Wellington, Tamil Nadu. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She completed her graduation from the University of Delhi. Times of India
Height: 5′ 10″ Times of India
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Her father’s name is Sudhir Kumar Sakhuja who is an ex-army man. Her mother died in 2004. Aishwarya has an elder brother, Shyam Sakhuja.
She met producer, Rohit Nag during one of her auditions. Later, the duo was brought closer to each other by their common friend, Karan Wahi (a television actor).
Soon, they fell in love, and Rohit proposed Aishwarya on 4 January 2014. In an interview, Aishwarya shared how Rohit had proposed to her, she said,
Rohit proposed to me on 4th Jan, and it was an out and out romantic proposal due to which, I am the envy of all my girlfriends. He had arranged for one surprise after another for me. So, there was flowers, music, fireworks, champagne, a Presidential Suite, and whatnot, when he proposed to me! He completely swept me off my feet and I said ‘yes’ right away since it felt so right.”
After dating for almost five years, the couple tied the knot on 5 December 2014, in Delhi.
In 2003, she started participating in a local beauty pageant in Delhi. In 2006, she participated in Miss India contest and was among the top 10 finalists. Later, she worked as a model for various brands.
Then, she worked as an anchor with Zee Sports and Zoom channel. In 2008, she hosted Star One’s serial ‘Hello Kaun? Pehchaan Kaun.’ In 2010, she appeared in the TV serials like ‘Lift Kara De,’ ‘Rishta.com,’ and ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 4.’ She came into limelight with the Sony TV’s serial ‘Saas Bina Sasural’ (2010).
In 2011, she made her Bollywood debut as a supporting actor in the film ‘U R My Jaan,’ but the film failed to do well at the box-office.
In 2013, she acted in the Sony TV’s serial ‘Main Naa Bhoolungi.’ In the same year, she hosted the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati.’ Later, she appeared in many TV serials including ‘Welcome-Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki’ (2013), ‘Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar’ (2014), ‘Khidki’ (2016), ‘Trideviyaan’ (2016), ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai: Take 2’ (2017), ‘Chandrashekhar’ (2018), and ‘Yeh Hai Chahatein’ (2019).
In 2019, she acted in the Bollywood film ‘Ujda Chaman.’
She participated in the TV reality shows like Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 7 (2016) and Nach Baliye 7 (2017).
- Food: Pani Puri, Cakes, Paranthas, and Khichdi
- Actress(es): Vidya Balan and Huma Qureshi
- Film(s): Forrest Gump (1994) and The Green Mile (1999)
- Book: Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody
- Colour: White
- Her family and friends lovingly call her Cheena. India Forums
- Her hobbies include watching films, travelling, and reading.
- She has got a tattoo inked of her pet dog.
- She loves to ride a motorcycle.
- She is an animal lover.
- She considers her mother as a great source of her inspiration.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
- She was suffering from Tuberculosis in 2012, and due to her worsened condition, she had to quit her TV serial ‘Saas Bina Sasural.’
- She had a facial paralysis stroke while she was shooting for her TV serial ‘Main Naa Bhoolungi’ in 2014. In an interview, she said,
I was unable to even blink as the right side of my face stopped functioning. I would appear to be winking during my scenes and it became difficult to emote a scene. It took almost a month for me to recover and I was put on steroids throughout.”
References [ + ]