Barkha Bisht is an Indian television and film actress, who has worked in many TV serials, Bengali and Hindi films.
Barkha Bisht Sengupta (married name) was born on Friday, 28 December 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in the Hisar city of Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya Fortwilliam, Kolkata. She pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 34-28-36
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father is a retired Colonel.
Barkha has two elder sisters named Aparna and Sapna.
Husband & Children
She got married to Indraneil Sengupta in 2008.
The couple has a daughter named Meira.
She was once engaged to the actor, Karan Singh Grover, and they both were together until their engagement broke in 2006.
She started her career as a model. Barkha Bisht made her TV debut with the TV series “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi” that aired on MTV India from 2004 to 2005.
She then appeared as a lead actress in the serial “Pyaar Ke Do Naam…Ek Radha Ek Shyaam (Apr 2006- Sep 2006),” which aired on Star Plus.
In 2006, she hosted a television-news-based programme on “Popkorn” on Zoom TV.
She made her first appearance in Bollywood as a dancer in the song “Ishq Barse” from the film “Raajneeti (2010).” She appeared in an item number in the Bengali Film “Dui Prithibi (2010).” She made her film debut with the Bengali movie “Ami Shubhash Bolchi” in 2011.
She then made her Bollywood debut with the movie “Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela” in 2013.
- Food: Italian Cuisine, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, Cheese Pasta, Rajma Chawal
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Book: Whiteout by Ken Follett
- Film(s): Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Love Story
- Restaurant(s): Shiv Sagar at Juhu, Little Italy, Hard Rock Cafe in Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Travel Destination(s): Maldives, Mauritius, Bora Bora
- Barkha was in her college when she started doing modelling assignments.
- After modelling for some time, Barkha decided to make her career in acting, but her father didn’t approve her for it.
- She went against her father’s will and left for Mumbai. She luckily got her first serial “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004-05).” After she left for Mumbai, her father did not speak to her for two months. Finally, her mother and sisters mediated and helped Barkha to convince her father.
- She was voted as NDA Queen in December 2000.
- Saurav Ganguly is a good friend of Barkha.
- She was one of the contestants in the dance show “Saas vs Bahu,” which aired on Sahara One channel in 2008.
- Once in an interview, she revealed that Ekta Kapoor (Indian Television Producer) and she had a fall-out due to some contractual issues. It happened during her first TV show, “Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi (2004-05).” They both finally reconciled after nine years.
- She met her future husband, Indraneil Sengupta, for the first time on the sets of “Pyaar Ke Do Naam…Ek Radha Ek Shyaam (Apr 2006- Sep 2006),” where they two were acting opposite each other.
- The philosophy she follows in her life is,
Live and Let Live.”
- Though Barkha and her husband are actors, she does not wants her daughter to be an actress. According to Barkha, the life of an actor is unsettled, specifically financially. She further adds,
Acting, maine kar li, mere husband ne kar li, ab meri beti nahi karegi.”
- She did the role of Jashodaben (Narendra Modi’s wife) in the biopic of Narendra Modi titled, “PM Narendra Modi (2019).”