Mona Singh is an Indian actress and television presenter. She came into the spotlight by playing the role of ‘Jasmeet Walia’ in the TV serial “Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.”
Mona Singh was born on Thursday, 8 October 1981 (age 38 years; as in 2019) in Chandigarh. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Mona spent her childhood in different cities; as her father was an army officer. She did her schooling from Nagpur’s Kendriya Vidyalaya and went to Pune’s Saint Meera’s College to pursue her graduation. She wanted to become an actress since childhood.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Mona Singh belongs to a Punjabi Family. Her father, Jasbir Singh is a retired colonel of the Indian army. Her mother’s name is Rani Singh. She has an elder sister, Sona Singh, who resides in New Zealand.
Mona met the television actor, Karan Oberoi, on the sets of her show ‘Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.’ The duo dated each other for a while and then, parted ways due to misunderstandings.
Thereafter, she dated the Bollywood actor, Vidyut Jamwal, for two years.
On 27 December 2019, Mona tied the knot with a South Indian banker, Shyam Rajgopalan in a Punjabi ceremony.
Mona started her acting career in 2003 by playing the role of ‘Jasmeet Walia’ in the TV serial “Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.” She gained instant popularity by playing the character of ‘Jassi’ in the show.
In 2009, she made her Bollywood debut with the film “3 Idiots” in which she played the role of ‘Mona Sahastrabuddhe.’ She has also appeared in Bollywood films like “Utt Pataang,” “Zed Plus,” and “Amavas.”
She has participated as a contestant in many TV reality shows like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa,” “Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena,” and “Meethi Choori No 1.”
She has been a part of many web series like “Luft” and “M.O.M.”
View this post on Instagram
We all love a scoop or two of ice cream don't we? Why is Meghna scared of it? This World Mental Health Day, join us and watch the Premiere of a special short film – LUTF, exclusively on #SonyLIV and find the answers to all your questions. #WorldMentalHealthDay #MentalHealth #LUTF #ShortFilm #IceCream #WeLIVtoEntertain @pratishrnair
In addition to acting, she has also hosted many reality TV shows including “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2,” “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega,” “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4,” and “Star Ya Rockstar.”
In March 2013, an MMS featuring Mona Singh got viral on the internet. It shocked the actress who denied that it was not her in the video. Later, Mona lodged a complaint with the cyber police and the police confirmed that the video was morphed. The video was leaked a few days before the release of her then-boyfriend, Vidyut Jamwal’s film. Apparently, someone tried to make it look as though Vidyut has done it for publicity. Hindustan Times
Awards won for the TV serial “Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin”
- Apsara Award for Best Actress in Drama Series
- Apsara Award for Outstanding Debut
- Indian Telly Award for Television Personality of The Year- Female
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actress- Female
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress Popular
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actress Female
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress – Drama Jury
Awards won for the TV serial “Kya Huaa Tera Vaada”
- BIG Television Award for Bechara Character- Female (2012)
Awards won for the TV serial “Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do”
- Lions Gold Award for Best TV Actress (2016)
- Food: Green Curry with Rice, Sarso Ka Saag and Makki Ki Roti
- Actor: Irrfan Khan
- Actress: Tabu
- Film: The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
- Travel Destination: Rome
- Colour(s): Blue, Pink
- Her hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on many occasions.
- Mona is fond of dogs and keeps sharing her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Mona shares a great bond with the television actor, Gaurav Gera.
- In 2012, she became one of the highest-paid actresses of the Indian television. She was getting paid around Rs. 1 lakh for an episode for the TV serial “Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.”
- Mona is often confused with UK’s singer Mona Singh, who is the daughter of Channi Singh of the bhangra band, Alaap.
- In 2005, Mona was cast to play a prominent role in the film “Main To Chala.” However, the film was later shelved.
References [ + ]