Anubhav Mohanty is a prominent figure in the Indian entertainment industry, recognized for his contributions as an actor, film producer, television personality, and political leader. He has made a notable impact in the realm of Odia and Bengali language cinema.
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 81 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Anubhav’s father, Abhaya Kumar Mohanty, is a retired English lecturer at Kandarpur College in Cuttack district while his mother, Madhusmita Mohanty is a homemaker. He has a younger brother, Anuprash Mohanty who is married to Prerna Mohanty and the couple has a daughter, Abhsarika Mohanty.
Wife & Children
Anubhav married actress Varsha Priyadarshini on 8 February 2014 in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha after a courtship of six years. In July 2020, Anubhav filed a divorce petition in the Delhi High Court which was further transferred to the Family Court in Cuttack, Odisha.
Anubhav was in a relationship with actress Varsha Priyadarshini for 6 years.
Nandi Sahi, Choudhury Bazar, Cuttack-753001, Odisha, India.
Film & Television
Anubhav Mohanty began his career by featuring in Odia music videos before making his debut in Odia cinema in 2004 with the film “I Love You,” where he starred alongside Namrata Thapa.
In the same year, he also appeared in two other films, “Saathire” and “Barsha My Darling.”
Following this, he went on to act in several successful movies such as “Nei Jare Megha Mote” (2008), “Suna Chadhei Mo Rupa Chadhei” (2009), “Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila” (2009), “Abhimanyu” (2009), “Ama Bhitare Kichhi Achhi” (2010), “Diwana” (2010), “Kiese Dakuchhi Kouthi Mate” (2011), “Balunga Toka” (2011), “Something Something” (2012), “Matric Fail” (2012), “ACP Ranveer” (2012), “Mo Duniya Tu Hi Tu” (2013), “Hata Dhari Chaaluthaa” (2013), “Kehi Jane Bhala Lagere” (2013), “Something Something 2” (2014), “Gapa Hele bi Sata” (2015), “Agastya” (2016), “Abhaya” (2017), “Kabula Barabula” (2017), and “Prem Kumar: Salesman of the year” (2018), which were all commercially successful. In 2019, he starred in the high-budget Odia film “Biju Babu,” directed by Nila Madhab Panda, which didn’t perform as well as expected at the box office due to some political controversies.
In 2012, following the success of “Balunga Toka,” he established his own production company, Vishnupriyaa Arts & Graphics. “Something Something” emerged as the biggest hit of 2012. Anubhav also debuted in the Bengali film industry with “Saathi Amaar,” in which he had a special appearance opposite Rachana Banerjee.
After a few years, he returned to television by participating in the Zee Sarthak reality show “Dadagiri,” which ran successfully for nearly three months and garnered high TRP ratings. However, due to personal reasons, Anubhav Mohanty didn’t continue his involvement in the show for an extended period. He also acted in big-budget films like “Raavan” (2022) and “Love in London” (2023).
On 27 April 2013, he joined the regional political party BJD. He was elected to Rajya Sabha uncontested in June 2014 and is the youngest parliamentarian of Rajyasabha. On 23 May 2019, he was elected as a Member of Parliament from Kendrapara (Lok Sabha constituency) by beating the previously elected Member of Parliament Baijayant Panda.
Allegations of Fake Educational Qualification.
In 2020, The Odisha Congress stated that the MP had submitted a fake educational affidavit before the Election Commission of India. Congress sought answers as to how Anubhav got admission to Kandarpur College when he failed plus two at Christ College. Anubhav had mentioned completing his degree from Shobit Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut. However, the HRD Ministry de-recognized the University in 2010. Odisha Bytes
Domestic Violence Case
In September 2020, Varsha Priyadarshini filed a domestic violence case against Anubhav Mohanty under the Protection of Women Against Domestic Violence Act, 2005. Reports suggest that Varsha has sought maintenance in her petition and that Anubhav would harass her after drinking. Odisha News Insight
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Rajiv Gandhi Pratibha Samman 2004–05.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Abhimanyu in 2010.
- Annual Banichitra Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila in 2010.
- Odisha State Film Awards for Best Actor for the film Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila in 2011.
- ETV Odia Film Awards for Best Actor for the film Diwana in 2011.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Balunga Toka in 2012.
- ETV Odia Film Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Balunga Toka in 2012.
- Lalchand Entertainment Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Balunga Toka in 2012.
- Odisha Film Fair Award for Best Actor (Male) for the film Balunga Toka in 2012.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Something Something in 2013.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Haata Dhari Chaaluthaa in 2014.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Best Actor (Male) for the film Something Something 2 in 2015.
- Tarang Cine Awards for Star Entertainer of the Year for the film Abhaya in 2018.
Assets and Properties
- Cash- Rs 4,00,000
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies- Rs 6,68,155
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies- Rs 14,97,955
- Motor Vehicles- Rs 60,40,000
- Jewellery- Rs 18,90,000
- Non-Agricultural Land- Rs 60,00,000
- Residential Buildings- Rs 12,50,000
- Food: Mutton Biriyani
- Actor: Salman Khan
- In 2020, Anubhav’s mother filed a complaint with the Purighat police station against Varsha Pardarshini due to her reluctance to leave Nandi Sahi, Anubhav’s family home. Odisha Bytes
- In 2021, the Higher Education Department cancelled the placement of Abhaya Kumar Mohanty as an English Reader following a departmental inquiry on the alleged submission of a fake certificate to get the promotion. Sambad