Hande Erçel is a Turkish model and actress who is known for playing the lead role in the Turkish television show Aşk Laftan Anlamaz (titled in Hindi as ‘Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahan’) as Hayat Uzun in 2016 on Show TV.
Hande Erçel was born on Wednesday, 24 November 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Bandırma, Balıkesir, Turkey. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Hande Ercel spent her childhood with her grandfather, Ahmed Be, and grandmother, Ant Rosie. She enrolled herself in the Department of Traditional Turkish Arts at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Istanbul, Turkey. Hande could not complete her higher education as she got the opportunity to work in television shows. Riri nano
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Initially, Hande weighed more than 65 kg when she started her acting career in television shows. he managed to shed 10 kg of her body weight after following a specific diet plan.
Parents & Siblings
Hande’s father’s name is Kaya Erçel.
Her mother’s name is Aylin Erçel. She died in 2019 due to cancer.
She has a sister, Gamze Erçel, a Turkish model and actress.
Hande Erçel is not married yet.
In 2015, it was rumoured that Hande dated Burak Serdar Şanal, a Turkish actor.
The couple called off their relationship within a few months. After her breakup with Burak, Hande dated Ekin Mert Daymaz, a Turkish actor.
The couple ended their relationship in 2017 after Hande was rumoured to be in a relationship with Ekin’s best friend, Mehmet Dincerler, a Turkish businessman.
Hande broke up with Mehmet Dincerler within two months because of his busy schedule and workaholic nature. In the same year, Hande was in a relationship with Murat Dalkiliç, a Turkish pop singer, songwriter, and music producer.
Reportedly, the couple got engaged and was supposed to marry but somehow ended their relationship in 2020. In the same year, Hande dated her co-star Kerem Bürsin from the television show Sen Çal Kapimi.
They met on the sets of the show in 2020. After dating for almost two years, the couple called off their relationship in 2022 following which, in the same year, it was rumoured that Hande was in a relationship with Kaan Yıldırım, a Turkish actor.
They worked together on the television show Halka in 2019. The couple broke up after Hande found Kaan cheating on her with a Turkish actress, Tuğçe Açıkgöz.
Hande Erçel follows Islam.
In 2012, Hande Erçel started her career as a model. After working with a few modelling agencies, Hande started participating in beauty contests. In 2012, she participated in the Miss Civilization of Turkey beauty pageant, and she won the title of Miss Civilization Turkey.
Later, she represented Turkey at the Miss Civilization of the World beauty pageant, which was held in Azerbaijan, and she was the 1st runner-up in the competition.
In 2013, Hande Erçel made her acting debut with the Turkish television show Çalıkuşu in which she played the role of Zahide on Kanal D.
In 2014, she appeared in two television shows, Çılgın Dersane Üniversitede as Meryem, and Hayat Ağacı as Selen Karahanlı on TRT 1. In 2015, Hande appeared in a lead role as Selin Yılmaz in the show Güneşin Kızları on Kanal D. In 2016, Hande shot to fame when she appeared as Hayat Uzun in the show Aşk Laftan Anlamaz on Show TV. The show gained immense popularity, and in September 2017, the show was dubbed in the Hindi language and was released in India with the title ‘Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahan.’
Later, she appeared in a few television shows like Siyah İnci as Hazal Şulabı on Star TV (2017), Halka as Müjde Akay on TRT 1 (2019), Azize as Azize Günay on Kanal D (2019), and Sen Çal Kapımı as Eda Yıldız on Fox (2020).
In 2022, Hande made her debut with the Turkish film Mest-i Aşk in which she played the role of Kimia Khatoon.
Hande Erçel has appeared in a few commercials for brands like Loreal Paris, DeFacto, Atasay Jewelry, and Signal White Now.
In October 2017, Hande appeared in a music video titled Canın Sağ Olsun, sung by Demir Yağmur.
- 2015: Rising Star Award at 42nd Golden Butterfly Awards for the television show Güneşin Kızları
- 2016: Most Successful Award at İTÜ EMÖS Success Awards for the television show Güneşin Kızları
- 2016: Best Actress Award at Turkey’s Youth Awards for the television show Güneşin Kızları
- 2016: New Rising Star Award at KTÜ Media Awards for the television show Güneşin Kızları
- 2017: Best Actress in Comedy Award at Yeditepe University Dilek Awards for the television show Aşk Laftan Anlamaz
- 2017: Best Actress Award at İstanbul Moda Rehberi Awards for the television show Aşk Laftan Anlamaz
- 2017: Best Actress in Comedy Award at 44th Golden Butterfly Awards for the television show Aşk Laftan Anlamaz
- 2018: Best Actress Award at Marketing Turkey: The One Awards for the television show Siyah İnci
- 2018: Best Actress of the Year Award at Golden Wings Awards for the television show Sen Çal Kapımı
- 2021: Best Actress Award at Güzel Awards for the television show Sen Çal Kapımı
- 2021: Best Couple Award along with Kerem Bürsin at Güzel Awards for the television show Sen Çal Kapımı
Hande Erçel has a tattoo of a butterfly inked on the back of her neck.
- Snack: Chips
- Actor(s): Ryan Gosling and Leonardo DiCaprio
- Actress: Anne Hathaway
- Football Club: Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü
- Song: Eyvallah by Burak King
- Holiday Destination: Paris
- Quote: “Don’t believe in anything other than yourself”
- Hande has a few pet dogs, namely, Azul, Noche, and Niebla.
- Since childhood, Hande aspired to become an actress, but her father wanted her to pursue a career in the medical field. When Hande was studying in school, she actively took part in theatre, and she worked as a play assistant in several theatre plays.
- Hande has a great interest in painting and sketching. In an interview, she revealed that had she not become an actor, she would be a curator.
- In 2020, Hande was chosen as the Most Beautiful Woman in the World by Top Beauty World, an organisation which recognizes the 100 most handsome men and 100 most beautiful women in the world as per the recommendation of three plastic surgeons from Los Angeles cosmetic surgery clinic.
- In an interview, Hande revealed that she is a strong believer in manifestation.
- Hande bagged 42nd position in the Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces presented by TC Candler in 2021.
- Hande has been appointed as the brand ambassador of a few brands like Nocturne, Atasay Jewelry, DeFacto, and Cancer-Free Life Association.
- Hande is often spotted drinking wine with friends at parties and events.
- In July 2022, Hande Erçel was recognised as the Most Beautiful Turkish Actress in 2022 by Nubia Magazine’s global poll.
- In August 2022, it was reported that Hande would work in a Hindi web series, directed by Rahul Mishra. Womensera
- Hande has featured on the cover of a few magazines like Vogue, Elele, InStyle, Hello!, Originel, Elle, etc.