Rani Chatterjee is a Bhojpuri actress who is best known for her roles in the movie Saat Saheliyan (2009), Deewana (2009), Devra Bada Satawela (2010), and many more. She is known as the “Queen” of Bhojpuri Cinema.
Rani Chatterjee was born as ‘Sahiba Sheikh’ on 3 November 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her Zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling at Tungareshwar Academy High School, Vasai, Maharashtra. She pursued her graduation from the University of Mumbai, Mumbai. She was raised and got training in acting from Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Figure Measurement (approx.): 36-29-38
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a Muslim Family. Her mother’s name is Gulzaar Sheikh.
She has a sister named Shabnam Sheikh and her brother’s name is Sameer Sheikh.
She has two nieces named Shazana and Nazeeha.
Rani Chatterjee made her debut with the 2004 Bhojpuri film “Sasura Bada Paisawala” alongside Manoj Tiwari.
She has acted in several hit movies like Bandhan Toote Na, Damaad Ji, Sita, Devra Bada Satawela (2010), and Rani No. 786 (2013). She is also famous for her role in Nagin (2015). She made her singing debut in the movie ‘Raja Weds Rani’ with the songs “Ka Ho Ka Haal Chaal Ba” and “Chala Long Drive Pe.”
On 25 January 2022, she took to social media to announce that she had joined the Indian National Congress; her joining the Congress came in the wake of the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
- Ajay Pathak, a school teacher posing as ‘tantrik (occultist)’ once threatened to kill Rani Chatterjee using ‘Mantras (Spells),’ if she didn’t pay him more than Rs. 15 Lakh. It was found out that he was allied by a lyricist named Ritu Raj, who planned to share the money by threatening her. The Bhojpuri actor, Pawan Singh came forward and apologised to her publicly for the incident. However, police investigations did not conclude Pawan Singh has anything to do with the threats.
- She was once trolled brutally on social media after her comment on the Bhojpuri stars, Dinesh Lal Yadav, Khesari Lal Yadav, and Pawan Singh. In an interview when she was asked to give her views on Khesari’s upcoming movie “Dabangg Sarkar,” she said that she doesn’t watch films of Bhojpuri actors- Khesari, Nirahua or Pawan Singh. She further added that she was tired of watching the same faces again and again and hence do not watch their films.
- Most Popular Actress Award at Bhojpuri International Film Awards
- Best Actress Award at Dadasaheb Phalke Foundation
Bhojpuri Film Awards
- Special Award in 2005
- Best Actress for the film Devra Bada Satavela in 2010
- Best Actress of the year for the film Nagin in 2013
- Food: Litti Chokha, Grilled Chicken
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Colours: Red, Blue, Black
- Athletes: Maria Sharapova, Sania Mirza, Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar
- Singers: A.R. Rahman, Justin Bieber, Shreya Ghoshal, Atif Aslam,
- She likes listening to music.
- She has acted in more than 300 films.
- She was studying in Class 10 when she got her first movie in 2003.
- During the shooting of her first film, Rani had to shoot a scene where she has to hit her head in front of the idol of Lord Shiva. The director Ajay Sinha came to know that she was Muslim. There were reporters lined out for an interview outside so Ajay said that if anyone asks for her name, she should tell them that she is ‘Rani,’ for any unnecessary controversies. The name ‘Rani’ came from her name in the movie. One of the reporters addressed her as ‘Chatterjee;’ that is how she got her name “Rani Chatterjee.”
- She once said that she liked the personality of the actors Arvind Kallu and Ritesh Pandey.
- In an interview with Aaj Tak in October 2022, she accused filmmaker Sajid Khan, who has been accused of sexual harassment by several female colleagues under the MeToo movement in India, of sexual harassment. According to Rani, Sajid behaved with her inappropriately when she had gone to audition for his film Himmatwala, he asked her bizarre things like her breast size. In the interview, the Bhojpuri actress said,
I got scared when he asked me to tell him about my breast size. ‘Don’t be shy, do you have a boyfriend or not? How often do you have sex?” The Indian Express
|↑1||The Indian Express|