Dinesh Lal Yadav is a Bhojpuri singer, actor, producer, and TV presenter. He is most widely known by the name ‘Nirahua.’ He is one of the prominent actors of Bhojpuri Cinema and is known for his movies, Nirahua Hindustani (2014), Nirahua Rikshawala (2014), Sangharsh (2018), Border (2018), and many more.
Dinesh Lal Yadav was born on 2 February 1979 ( age 40 years; as in 2019) in Ghazipur town of Uttar Pradesh. His Zodiac sign is Aquarius.
He passed the intermediate (12th) exam from West Bengal Council Higher Secondary Education in 1997.
Height: 5′ 6″
Weight: 65 kg
Body Measurements: Chest 38″, Waist 30″, Biceps 13″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
He comes from the famous Birha Family of Ghazipur. Nirahua belongs to the Yadav community, which is considered as the Other Backward Class (OBC) in Uttar Pradesh. His father’s name is Kumar Yadav and mother’s name is Chandrajyoti Yadav.
He has a brother named Pravesh Lal Yadav.
He has two cousins named Vijay Lal Yadav, who is also known as ‘Birha Samrat’ is a famous Birha singer and Pyare Lal Yadav (Kaviji), who is a well-known lyricist and writer.
He got married to Mansha Devi in 2000.
He has two sons Amit and Aaditya and a daughter named Aditi.
He started his career with the movie “Chalat Musafir Moh Liyo Re (2006)” as a supporting actor alongside Kalpana Patowary and Sunil Chhaila Bihari.
He appeared as a lead actor in “Nirahua Rikshawala (2008)” alongside Pakhi Hegde; the film turned out to be a massive blockbuster over the box office.
His first singing debut was with the song “Nirahua Phir Se Aail Ba Darbar E Mai.”
He gained recognition from the songs “Budhwa Mein Dum Ba” and “Malai Khaye Budwa” in 2001. Dinesh Lal Yadav has given successful movie hits like Nirahua Hindustani (2014), Patna Se Pakistan (2015), Nirahua Hindustani 2 (2017), Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi (2016), and Border (2018). Nirahua made his digital debut with the Bhojpuri web series “Hero Vardiwala” in 2019.
Dinesh Lal Yadav is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
He joined BJP in March 2019 in the presence of Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow.
He was fielded against the Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav from the Azamgarh constituency in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
- A controversy aroused during the release of the multi-starrer Bhojpuri film “Border (2018)” featuring Dinesh Lal Yadav, when a reporter named Shashikant Singh criticised Nirahua and the film. The reporter even alleged that local people watched Border only because of tickets for Khesari Lal Yadav’s movie “Dulhan Ganga Paar Ke (2018)” were not available. Dinesh who seemed shaken by the reporter’s post even shared screenshots of the reporter’s post asking his audience for support. Moreover, not only Bhojpuri celebrities but Bollywood personalities like Rohit Shetty, Ranveer Singh, Riteish Deshmukh, and Boman Irani extended their support for the movie.
- In the year 2017, when Dinesh Lal Yadav was going to London for attending Bhojpuri Film Festival. Nirahua reportedly misbehaved with an air hostess under the influence of alcohol. Other stars who travelled with him helped settle the case with the offended lady. The lady decided not to take the case to the police after receiving an apology from Nirahua.
- It was at the sets of Bigg Boss Season 6, Dinesh Lal Yadav and Imam A Siddique, a fashion stylist and reality TV personality had quite a fight. Dinesh Lal Yadav, Imam A Siddique, and Aashka Goradia were staying in a rural house. Aashka made a comment on Imam, that led to a fight between trios. Imam made huge havoc, ending up being eliminated from the house. Dinesh Lal Yadav later said that he has never seen anyone like Imam and if he would have stayed a little more in Big Boss, Dinesh would have killed Imam.
- Best Actor Award in BIFA for Nirahua Hindustani in 2015
- Bharti Samman Award from the Uttar Pradesh Government for his contribution to Bhojpuri Cinema.
Dinesh Lal Yadav aka Nirahua has a total net worth of Rs. 6 Crore (as in 2019). Reportedly, he takes around Rs. 40 Lakh/film.
Movable (Rs. 1.34 Crore)
- Cash: Rs. 50 Thousand
- Bank Deposit: Rs. 3.38 Lakh
- Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: Rs. 1.50 Lakh
- LIC & Other Insurance Policies: Rs. 7 Lakh
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 53 Lakh
- Jewellery: Rs. 16 Lakh
- Generator: Rs. 1 Lakh
Immovable (Rs. 4.6 Crore)
- A 3.50 acre agricultural land in Tappa Saouri, Ghazipur worth Rs. 1 Crore
- A 5 Biswa non-agricultural land in Gram Tadwa Souri in Ghazipur worth Rs. 15 Lakh
- An 83.36 Sq Ft commercial building in Gorakhpur worth Rs. 45 Lakh
- A Residential flat in New Link Road Andheri West Mumbai worth Rs. 3 Crore
Note: all information is based on his affidavit filed during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
Cars & Bike Collection
- Range Rover UP 53 BK 0001 (Model 2016)
- Fortuner MH 02 BU 0001 (Model 2010)
- Pulsar UP 61 L 6122 (Model 2010)
- Food: Litti Chokha
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Sport: Cricket
- Dinesh Lal Yadav is the highest paid actor in Bhojpuri Cinema and is popular throughout Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- He has a record of giving 5 Bhojpuri movies in a year namely Patna Se Pakistan, Nirahua Rikshawala 2, Jigarwala, Raja Babu, and Ghulami.
- He acted alongside Amitabh Bachchan in the film Ganga Devi (2012).
- He went to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji for his shows, which proved out to be a huge success.
- Before becoming famous, Nirhua used to perform on stage with his brother. He would have to sing throughout the night and was paid less or sometimes not paid at all.
- He got his name “Nirahua” through his Album Nirahua Satal Rahe in 2003.
- “Nirahua Satal Rahe” was rejected by the company he had previously released his album “Nirahua Naam Ha.” He then went to T-Series, where the album was released and became blockbuster.
- During a show in Mohania city of Bihar, Nirahua sang “Nirahua Satal Rahe” throughout the show.
- Nirhua is also known as “Jubilee Star.”