Prem Parija is an Indian actor and assistant director. He is known for playing the role of Viraat in Hotstar Specials’ web series ‘Commando’ (2023).
Prem Parija, also known as Prem Parrijaa, Instagram – Prem Parrijaa was born in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. He attended Delhi Public School (DPS) in R. K. Puram, Delhi. Later, he went to St. Joseph’s High School in Bhubaneswar. He studied at Hansraj College in Delhi. While studying at college, he was a member of the Hansraj Dramatics Society.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 15″
Parents & Siblings
He has a sister named Tulika Parija.
He is unmarried.
In 2015, Prem debuted as an assistant director with the Bollywood film ‘Welcome 2 Karachi.’ From 2016 to 2017, he worked as a second assistant director for Netflix’s American science fiction drama series titled ‘Sense8.’ He has worked as an assistant director for many Hindi films including Hamari Adhuri Kahani (2015), ‘Lucknow Central’ (2017), and ‘Baazaar’ (2018).
He has worked in many theatrical productions in India and overseas. In May 2023, he appeared in a theatrical production titled ‘Manthan’ held in Mumbai.
In 2014, he appeared in the Hindi short film ‘Sariwala’ in which he played the role of Raghu.
He debuted in the lead role as Viraat in the 2023 action web series ‘Commando’ released on Disney+ Hotstar.
He has got his sister’s name, ‘Tulika,’ inked on his right hand’s wrist and two tattoos inked on his left hand’s wrist.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Keira Knightley
- Sportsperson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Prem Parija is an animal lover.
- He considers Lee Strasberg, who is an American theatre director, actor, and acting teacher, as his acting own acting teacher.
- Before the release of their 2023 web series ‘Commando,’ filmmaker Vipul Amrutlal Shah and debutant Prem Parija visited the National War Memorial in Delhi to honour and pay respect to real-life commandos.
- In an interview, he shared that he was a huge fan of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan and went to Delhi to study at Hansraj College, where Shah Rukh Khan studied. He said,
I was a 11-year-old kid, watching Shah Rukh Khan on ‘Yess Boss’ when I decided that I wanted to be an actor. All my life, I have idolised him and even before my family and friends, he was the first one to give me that initial push to dream of becoming an actor. In fact, when I grew up, I went to Delhi only to study in his college, Hans Raj College and do theatre, where I truly found my footing in theatre. There have been times when I have felt low and tired, but I keep reminding myself that if he can do it, I can too. One day I want to meet him and tell him that I am here because of him and the way he dreamt and worked hard.”
- He is a fitness enthusiast and is often spotted working out in the gym, and he also practices yoga.