Khesari Lal Yadav is a popular Bhojpuri actor and singer. He became famous after his role in the movie “Saajan Chale Sasural” that came in the year 2012. He is best known for his songs “Piyawa Gaye re Hamar Saudi re Bhauji,” “Saiyan Arab Gaile Na,” and ” Lehnga Me Meeter.”
Khesari Lal Yadav was born as Shatrughan Kumar Yadav on 15 March 1986 (age 33 years; as in 2019) in Siwan District of Bihar. His Zodiac sign is Cancer.
Being from a very poor family, Khesari never got the chance to study properly. He spent most of his childhood working with his father to support his family.
Height: 5′ 7″
Weight: 80 kg
Body Measurements: Chest 32″, Waist 33″, Biceps 15″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Khesari is one of the three children of his parents. His father’s name is Mangru Lal Yadav, and his mother is a homemaker.
His father shifted to Delhi to support his family, where he used to sell chickpeas. He got married to Chanda Devi, who bore him two sons named Yugraj Yadav, Rishab Yadav and a daughter named Kriti Yadav.
He got his break through the album “Maal Bhetai Mela Mein.”
The 2012 movie “Saajan Chale Sasural” became the golden mark in his career, after which he did numerous movies like “Jaan Tere Naam (2012),” Nagin (2015),” “Aatankwadi (2017),” Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki (2018), and many more.
Apart from that, he has sung several hit songs like “Piyawa Gaye re Hamar Saudi re Bhauji,” “Saiyan Arab Gaile Na,” and ” Lehnga Me Meeter,” and many more.
Khesari once stirred up a controversy when he said that Bhojpuri film industry is nothing without him, Pawan Singh, and Dinesh Lal Yadav. There was an immediate backlash from people, Bhojpuri stars, and the media. He later talked on the controversy through a live Facebook chat that he is being defamed at the expense of people who want to gain popularity.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award in 2017
- UP Ratan Award in 2017
- Best Popular Actor at the Bhojpuri Film Awards in 2016
- Food: Khichdi, Sattu, Litti
- Politician: Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Khesari likes gymming.
- When he was a child, he used to talk excessively while singing Ramayana or Mahabharata. Because he used to talk a lot, he came to be known as Khesari, which is a pulse notorious for causing indigestion or diarrhoea.
- He used to perform singing and dancing in the local marriage ceremonies during his days of struggle.
- Khesari even had to sell Litti Chokha (An Indian cuisine famous in Bihar, Jharkhand, and parts of Uttar Pradesh) with his wife Chanda to support his family.
- His father threw him out of the house for stealing a ₹10.
- He got a job in BSF, which he left for his passion for singing and dancing.
- After leaving the job, he used the money which he had saved from the job to release his own albums which turned out to be a flop.
- Khesari Lal Yadav, in an interview, talked about Pulwama Attack that happened on 14 February 2019. He openly challenged and warned terrorist that if they didn’t like humanity and peace, they should come and fight on the battlefield.