Saloni Chopra is an Indian-born Australian actress, model, and writer.
Saloni Chopra was born on Saturday, 3 August 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Saloni and her brother grew up in Melbourne with their grandparents.
She did her schooling in Australia. At the age of 18, she came to India. She has done a course of Fashion Designing from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a Punjabi Family. Her mother’s name is Bindia Chopra (costume designer).
She has a brother named Sahil Choujar, a blogger.
She had been in a relationship with the actors Satyajeet Dubey and Zain Durrani.
She is in a relationship with Rahul Bhattacharya (travel blogger, businessman, and lawyer), since 2017.
Saloni Chopra made her acting debut with the 2013 short film “Maya” as Maya. The film was screened at the Cannes Festival.
She made her television debut as an actor with the 2016 show “MTV Girls on Top” as Isha Jaisingh.
She made her Bollywood debut with the film “Race 3” (2018). She runs two blogs on ‘Medium’ by the name “Tiny Footprints” and “In Bed with Society.” In 2018, she appeared in the TV series “Screwed Up.”
In 2018, during the MeToo Campaign in India, Saloni, through her blog, shared her MeToo Story; alleging Sajid Khan and Vikas Bahl of sexually harassing her. She also alleged that Zain Durrani had physically abused her when they were in a relationship. Indiatimes.com
- Food: Salmon, Steak, Sushi
- Dessert: Red Velvet Cupcake
- Restaurant: Izgara- Acacia Hotel in Goa,
- Cocktail: Espresso Martini, & an Amaretto Sour
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Shows: Sex and the City series
- Colour: Red
- Books: “Dare to be” by Rinku Paul & Puja Singhal, “30 Women in Power- Their voices, Their Stories” by Naina Lal Kidwai, “Red Lipstick” by Laxmi, “O’s Little Guide to Finding Your True Purpose” by Oprah Winfrey, “Headscarves & Hymens – Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution” by Mona Eltahawy.
- Travel Destination: Croatia, Seoul, Barcelona
- Her family members call her Tina with love.
- She likes painting, writing, and travelling.
- Before venturing into acting, Saloni has worked as an assistant director for the films like “Krrish 3” and “Kick.” She also worked as a stylist for Randeep Hooda.
- She was inspired to choose acting as her career by her mother, who was a costume designer and worked in the film industry.
- Saloni and Rahul Bhattacharya, both were born in India and brought up in Australia. They met for the first time as kids and got separated after Saloni decided to come to India. In May 2017, they met again in a bar and became friends again. They have been together since then.
- Saloni and Rahul run a joint venture by the name “Love & Borders;’ an online preset selling business, and a travel blog.
- Saloni is known for posting bold photos on her Social media accounts, addressing issues that most of the Indian women face daily like slut-shaming, domestic violence, and menstruation.
- In 2018, she appeared on the cover of MenXp’s November edition, which featured the stories of women from the MeToo Campaign.
- She is an animal lover and has a dog named Oscar Chopra.
- Saloni is often seen consuming alcohol on numerous occasions.
- In 2019, she was honoured Cosmopolitan Feminist of the Year Award.
References [ + ]