Karan Kapadia is an Indian actor. He is the son of former Bollywood actress Simple Kapadia. Karan made his Bollywood debut as an actor with the action thriller “Blank.”
Karan Kapadia was born on 16 September 1993 (age 25 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
When Karan was just 15 years old his mother died. She was a patient of cancer. After his mother’s death in 2009, he shifted with his maternal aunt, Dimple, who has been both, a mother and father to him. Karan wanted to be an actor since his childhood. He also discussed his acting desires with her cousin, Twinkle Khanna, and his brother in law, Akshay Kumar, when he was just 14-year-old. Karan did his acting course from Jeff Goldberg Studio before venturing into films. Karan started his career as an assistant director in the Akshay Kumar-starrer “Boss.” He also acted in the short film “Crescendo.”
In 2019, Karan made his Bollywood debut with Behzad Khambata’s “Blank.” In the film, he played the role of ‘Hanif,’ a 26-year-old boy who tries to find his way in the world.
Height (approx.): 6′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Karan belongs to a Hindu Family. He is the son of Simple Kapadia who was a Bollywood actress and costume designer. His mother died due to cancer in 2009. His father’s name was Rajinder Singh Shetty (Sethi).
Karan’s maternal aunt, Dimple Kapadia, is a former Bollywood actress. His cousin, Twinkle Khanna, is a former actress and an interior designer. His cousin, Rinke Khanna, is also an actress.
Karan is the brother-in-law of the Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar.
Karan is rumoured to be dating Nikita Gosain, a hair stylist. It is speculated that Karan met Nikita through common friends and they started dating each other.
- Actor: Akshay Kumar, Cillian Murphy, Will Smith
- Musician: Liam Gallagher, Coldplay, Brian Littrell
- Sport: Football
- TV Shows: Sherlock and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- His hobbies include swimming, horse riding, and martial arts.
- It was Akshay Kumar who introduced Karan to director Tony D’Souza.
- Karan loves to do Kickboxing.
- Karan was an obese and weighted 112 kg prior to his film, but, he lost 24 kg with regular gymming for his role in the film Blank.
- Karan has inked 3 tattoos on his body, a modified Jesus Christ tattoo below the nape of his neck, some words inked on the side of his abdomen, and his mother’s name (Simple Kapadia) on his forearm.
- When Karan told about his acting desires to Akshay and Twinkle they didn’t believe him at first. Karan told in an interview-
They didn’t see it coming because I’ve always been an introvert. But, once I told them, they were extremely supportive. They both warned me that it won’t be an easy journey ahead. At the time, I was this chubby kid who thought I only had to lose weight and bagging films thereafter won’t be too tough.”
- The actor also disclosed about facing rejection in the auditions. He said-
I have gone out there for auditions, I have been rejected and been told already by a few people that they don’t see any spark in me. However, most said that I do have potential. So, it’s good that I have been exposed to rejection early in my career.”