Amyra Dastur is an Indian actress who works in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu films. Here is the detailed information about Amyra Dastur.
Amyra Dastur, also known as Amy Rohinton Dastur, was born on 7 May 1993 (aged 25; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Since childhood, she wanted to become an actress, and, to fulfil her dream, she started modelling at the age of 16. In 2013, she shot to stardom, after four years of her stint in the modelling world, with her debut Bollywood film, Issaq. Amyra Dastur is a well-known name in the South Indian film industry as well.
Amyra Dastur is approximately 5’ 5” tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
She is also a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
Family & Boyfriend
She belongs to Parsi, Zoroastrian community. Her father, Gulzar Dastur, is a Surgeon and the Director of Bhatia Hospital and her mother, Delna Dastur, is an Advertising Professional. Amyra has a younger brother, Jehangir Dastur, who is a Chef by profession.
Amyra Dastur did her schooling from Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai and Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai. She completed her Bachelors in Arts from H. R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. She started her career as a model and has done numerous TV commercials like Vodafone, Micromax, Dove, Clean & Clear Foaming Face Wash, Airtel, etc. She has also walked the ramp for many famous fashion designers.
She got her first role in 2013 in the Bollywood film, Issaq as Bachchi Kashyap. Apart from Bollywood, she has also done several Tamil and Telugu films like Anegan (2015), Manasuku Nachindi (2018), Raju Gadu (2018), etc.
Amyra also featured in Sonu Nigam’s pop song, Aa Bhi Jaa Tu Kahin Se (2015).
In 2017, she did a Chinese comedy film, Kung Fu Yoga, in which she played the role of Kyra.
In 2018, during the #MeToo India Movement, Amyra Dastur alleged that she was harassed in both South and Bollywood film industry. She did not reveal the names of the people who harassed her; as she thought that they were very powerful.
- Amyra Dastur loves to watch plays and her all-time favourite play is “Kaumudi,” directed by Abhishek Majumdar.
- She would like to work with directors, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Sunil Shanbag.
- Among Bollywood films, Guzaarish (2010) is her favourite film and among Hollywood films, Amadeus (1984) and Syriana (2005) are her favourite films.
- Amyra also likes to watch “Game of Thrones” TV show.
- Dastur admires the actresses, Kangana Ranaut, Priyanka Chopra, and Angelina Jolie, and the actors, Aamir Khan and Emraan Hashmi.
- She loves Thai cuisine. She also likes to eat Sushi, Pizza, and Chocolate Brownies.
- In Mumbai, she likes to dine in the Kitchen Garden by Suzette.
- Explorers Hotel is her all-time favourite hotel, which was located in Paris.
- Amyra Dastur likes to spend her holidays in Paris.
- Amyra likes to read and write during her free time.
- She also likes to play the guitar.
- She used to be a non-vegetarian. However, when she saw the animals being slaughtered brutally, she turned vegetarian.
- Once Amyra smashed her wrist in a glass table only because her mother did not answer her call. She also underwent physiotherapy in England for the same.
- In 2018, she became the first woman to appear on the Just Urbane magazine cover.
- She hates onions, and she never eats food that has onions in it.
- Amyra has a fear of darkness and flying.
- She is fluent in various languages like English, Gujarati, French, and Tamil.
- She is fond of roller coasters.
- She is also an avid animal lover.