Jitendra Kumar is an Indian actor who is widely recognized for playing the role of ‘Jeetu Bhaiya’ in Kota Factory (2019). He appeared as the main lead in the Bollywood film ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan’ (2020) along with Ayushmann Khurrana.
Jitendra Kumar was born on Saturday, 1 September 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Khairthal, Alwar, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He completed his schooling from Rajasthan and went to IIT Kharagpur to pursue his B. Tech in Civil Engineering. YouTube
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Jitendra Kumar’s father is a civil engineer. He has two sisters Ritu and Chitra (Chinki).
He is in a rumoured relationship with his web-series co-star Akanksha Thakur. Republic World
Jitendra started his acting career in 2012 with TVF, a popular YouTube Channel. He played the role of an overly sensitive corporate intern in his first video “Munna Jazbaati: The Q-tiya intern.” The video went viral instantly and crossed 3 million views on YouTube within a few hours of its release.
Subsequently, he played different characters in many YouTube videos including “Tech Conversations With Dad” and “TVF Bachelors series.”
In 2014, he made a spoof video on Arvind Kejriwal, in the presence of Arvind.
In 2008, Kumar did a cameo in the Bollywood film “A Wednesday,” in which he played the character of a taxi driver. In addition to TVF videos, he has played prominent roles in the web series like ‘Permanent Roommates’ (2014), in which he played the role of ‘Gittu,’ a confused bridegroom.
In 2019, he made his debut in the Bollywood film “Gone Kesh.”
Jitendra has also featured in various TV commercials like “Voltas AC.”
He gained immense popularity with the TVF web-series ‘Kota Factory, (2019)’ which is first black and white web-series in India. He played the character of ‘Jeetu Bhaiya’ in this web-series.
In 2020, he acted in the Bollywood film ‘Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan,’ along with Ayushmann Khurana. He did a lip-lock scene with Ayushmann in this film.
- Sport: Cricket
- Cricketer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan and Dilip Kumar
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: Goa
- Lyricist: Gulzar
- Reportedly, he often mimicked the Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Nana Patekar, while he was in school and college.
- One day while he was in his college, his seniors forced him to perform an English Elocution. He was supposed to deliver Al Pacino’s lines from the 1992 film ‘The Scent of the Women.’ Although he was not so good at English, he impressed his seniors with his act. They suggested him to join the Hindi Technology Dramatics Society of his college. He even won a bronze medal in elocution during his graduation.
- After completing his studies, he worked for 8 months in a company, but he did not like his job and decided to quit. After that, he met Biswapati Sarkar, the creative director of TVF, who offered him to join TVF (The Viral Fever).
- Biswapati was Jitendra’s senior in college and used to do theatre plays with him. Jitendra was also a part of the Hindi Technology Dramatics Society at IIT Kharagpur.
- His hobbies include doing paper wall art, playing the guitar, and playing cricket.
- Jitendra is very fond of dogs.
- His family and friends lovingly call him Jitu.
- His college friends revealed that he was very lazy in his college days and never woke up before noon.
- He loves poetry, and his Twitter handle is #Farjigulzar; as he is a big fan of the lyricist Gulzar.
- He once applied for the National School of Drama, Delhi, but he got rejected in the second round. After getting rejected from NSD, he moved to Mumbai. He used to work as an actor for 5 days a week and used to teach Physics & Maths in the remaining two days to cover his expenses.
- He shared an old photo of his college days with the actor Ayushmann Khurrana on his Instagram account which went viral on social media.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties.
References [ + ]