Micky Makhija is an Indian actor who paved his way into the film industry through TV commercials. He rose to fame after acting in Hindi films like Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, My Name Is Khan, and Krrish 3.
Micky Makhija was born as Mukesh Makhija YouTube on Monday, 1 March 1954 (age 68 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Micky did his schooling at St. Xavier’s High School (Mirzapur) and graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounts & Economics from H. R. College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. Micky is also a personal fitness trainer and a sports nutritionist at American Muscle & Fitness Personal Training. LinkedIn- Micky Makhija
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Micky has a brother named Anil Makhija.
Wife & Children
Micky Makhija got married to Vanita Advani Makhija on 23 February 1981. They have two sons, Sahil and Shome.
Micky Makhija made his Bollywood debut with the film ‘Don’ (2006) in which he played the character of a doctor.
Later, Mickey worked in the Bollywood films ‘Rock On!!’ (2008), ‘Dil Kabaddi’ (2008), and ‘My Name is Khan’ (2010). In 2011, Micky Makhija appeared in the rom-com film ‘When Harry Tries to Marry.’
In the film’ Luv Ka The End,’ he played the role of Mr. Nanda in 2011. In 2013, Micky worked in the Hindi rom-com film ‘I, Me aur Main,’ and in the drama romance film ‘Ramaiya Vastavaiya.’ In 2020, Makhija played the character of a solicitor general in the Bollywood film Chappak alongside Deepika Padukone.
In 2022, Micky played the role of a father in the film ‘A Thursday.’
He has appeared in many popular Telugu films including Eega (2012) in which he played the role of a businessman.
He is also known for his performances in many short films including Food for Thought which premiered on 15 April 2020 on ZEE5.
Later, he appeared in Samaaj Ka Constipation.
In 2012, he appeared in Rune Productions’ short film ”Neelima – It’s Love, Not Lust.”
In 2021, Micky Makhija appeared on FilterCopy’s short video ‘What Dads Say vs. What They Mean’ along with Anant Kaushik.
In 2021, Micky was cast by director Punit Malhotra in the music video of the Hindi song ‘Aaj Sajeya’ sung by Goldie Sohel.
In 2010, Micky worked in the TV series Rishta.com and played the role of Ashok Mirchandani. In 2012, he was cast by Ajay Veermal in the famous crime TV show ‘Savdhaan India: Crime Alert.’ In 2014, he played the role of Subodh Pradhan in ‘Adaalat’ on Sony Entertainment Television. Mickey played the role of Avinash Khurana in the TV show Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan (2015) on MTV India.
Micky Makhija appeared as a police commissioner in ‘The Casino’ (2020) on ZEE5 and ‘Miya Biwi Aur Murder’ (2022) on MX Player.
Micky has appeared in many TV commercials including TATA Indigo CS, ‘Dr. Fixi’t alongside Amitabh Bachchan, OLX, Mountain Dew, RealMe, ayurvedic products, fitness health oil, YAMAHA bikes, Fru candy, and Monte Carlo.
Cartoon Character: Donald Duck
Actress: Chitrangada Singh
- Snack: Sandwich
- Sports: Squash, Golf and swimming
- Quote: If you can’t do what you love, love what you do
- When he was two years old, he was travelling with his mother to Calcutta when they met a Punjabi man who joked and said “Why do you have such a long name (Mukesh) for a little baby, you should call him Micky” and that’s how the name originated. YouTube
- In an interview, Micky Makhija expressed his desire to work in Hollywood. He said,
- Apart from being an actor, Micky is also a squash player, and he has trained many squash players including Manish Chotrani, and Michael Ferreira, former billiards champion.
- Micky Makhija is the chairman of the squash committee at Otters club, Mumbai.
- In 2014, Micky voted for the Bharatiya Janata Party. The Times of India
- Micky Makhija did two TV shows on CNBC titled Anywhere Anytime Fitness, and Marathon Managers.
- In an interview, Micky Makhija revealed that sometimes he regrets why he didn’t get into the acting industry sooner.
- Micky likes to read E-Books on Kindle.
- Micky enjoys consuming alcoholic beverages. Instagram- Micky Makhija
- In an interview, Micky Makhija was asked three words to describe himself to which he replied,
Happy, positive, and focused.”
- Micky Makhija belongs to a business family. His elder brother was once at the bus stop when a stranger asked him if he wanted to become a model. His brother refused and told him that he should ask his younger brother about the same, and Micky accepted the offer.
- According to Micky, he doesn’t like to play mythological roles.
- Micky Makhija has teamed up with Divine celebrity management to create personalised wishes for fans through live or recorded videos.
- Micky is known for his advocacy against animal cruelty, and he often campaigns to spread awareness against animal cruelty.
- During an interview, Micky shared that while shooting a film titled ‘Shoonya,’ the makeup artists had to put prosthetic makeup to create a replica of his face. As they started to put silicon on his face, due to the cotton in his nostrils, he couldn’t breathe and got claustrophobic. YouTube