Urmila Matondkar is an Indian actress, model, and politician who is well known for her work in Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, and Malayalam films. She is the recipient of a Filmfare Award and a Nandi Award.
Urmila Matondkar was born on 4 February 1974 (age 45 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
She did her schooling from Mumbai and went to Pune University, Pune to pursue her graduation in arts (philosophy). She was a studious child. At the age of 6, she started working in films as a child actress. She made her debut as a child artist with Shyam Benegal’s “Kalyug” (1980) and followed it by featuring in the films “Masoom” (1983), “Bhavna” (1984), “Sur Sangam” (1985), and “Bade Ghar Ki Beti” (1989).
Height: 5′ 3½”
Weight: 50 Kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Greyish
Figure Measurements: 32-24-32
Family, Caste & Husband
Urmila Matondkar belongs to a Marathi Hindu Family. Her father, Shivinder Singh, is a lecturer, and mother, Rukshana Sultana, is a homemaker. She has an elder sister, Mamta Matondkar, who is a former actress and a younger sister named Pooja Matondkar. Urmila also has an elder brother, Kedar Matondkar, who has worked in the Indian Air Force as an Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
Urmila was rumoured to be dating the Bollywood director, Ram Gopal Varma.
She dated Mohsin Akhtar Mir, a model and businessman for a while before marrying him on 3 March 2016.
Urmila started her career as an adult actress in 1989 with the Malayalam film “Chanakyan” opposite Kamal Hassan. The film was blockbuster and her acting was praised by the audience. Her Bollywood debut came in 1991 with the action drama “Narsimha” in which she played the role of Meenu S. Singh, the rebellious daughter of Om Puri. Subsequently, she featured in films like Chamatkar opposite Shah Rukh Khan, Shreemaan Aashique opposite Rishi Kapoor and Bedardi opposite Ajay Devgn.
Matondkar earned wide recognition among the audience in 1994 with the romantic drama “Aa Gale Lag Ja.” Thereafter, she established as one of the leading actresses of Bollywood by starring in films like “Rangeela,” “Judaai,” “Daud,” “Satya,” “Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya,” “Ek Hasina Thi,” and “Kaun.” Urmila has featured in various dance numbers out of which “Chamma Chamma” from the film ‘China Gate’ was a huge hit.
In addition to acting, she is also active in politics. Urmila joined the Indian National Congress on 27 March 2019.
In the same year, she contested in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai North Constituency.
Urmila gets paid around ₹1-2 crore per film. Her net worth is estimated to be $20 million.
- Food: Italian, Chinese Food
- Actress: Rani Mukerji
- Actor: Aamir Khan
- Destination: London, Kashmir
- Her hobbies include reading, acting, and travelling.
- Urmila was earlier addicted to smoking but now she has overcome her habit.
- She is a trained classical dancer.
- She resides at 93/14, Lokhandwala Road, Andheri West, Mumbai.
- Urmila is a good friend of the fashion designer, Manish Malhotra and the jewellery designer, Paulomi Sanghvi.
- Matondkar is fond of dogs and she has two pet dogs named Zorro and Sheru.
- Urmila and her husband have a huge age gap. She is almost a decade older than her husband with she being 45-year-old and her husband being 35 years old.
- Matondkar has tattoed a fairy on her right shoulder.