Pratima Kazmi is an Indian television and film actress. She mostly plays negative roles in TV serials and films. Pratima is best known for playing the role of ‘Sumitra Devi’ in the TV serial, “Uttaran.”
Pratima Kazmi was born on Wednesday, 21 July 1948 (age 72 years; as in 2020) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She was inclined towards acting from a very young age. While in college, Pratima joined a theatre group and started taking part in plays. After completing her graduation, she did professional theatre for a while before stepping into films.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Pratima Kazmi belongs to a Muslim Family. Not much is known about her parents and siblings. Pratima is married to Kannan Arunachalam (actor). The couple has a son.
Pratima Kazmi started her acting career in 1996 with the TV serial, “Itihaas.” Next, she made her film debut with the British film, “Sixth Happiness’ (1997) in which she played the role of a ‘Brothel Madam.’
Kazmi made her Hindi film debut in 1998 with the film, “Dushman.” Subsequently, she played supporting roles in many Bollywood films like “Fiza,” “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha,” “Raaz,” “Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II,” “Bunty Aur Babli,” and “Dabangg 3.”
Pratima has also featured in many TV serials like “Saat Phere,” “Jabb Love Hua,” “Kesar,” “Mere Angne Mein,” “Siya Ke Ram,” and “Udaan.”
Kazmi became a household name in India by playing the role of ‘Sumitra Devi’ in Colors’ TV’s “Uttaran.”
- Food: Baingan Ka Bharta, Kadai paneer
- Beverage: Tea
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: Kashmir
- Her hobbies include listening to music and cooking.
- She is a follower of Bhrama Kumaris.
- In 1989, Pratima appeared as a dancer in the song, ‘Maine Kitne Dil Liye’ from the film, “Vardi.”
- Pratima met her husband, Kannan Arunachalam, during her college days. They were a part of the same theatre group and did many plays together.