Rashmirekha Ojha (1999-2022) was an Indian television actress who was known for her appearance in the Odia television shows. On 18 June 2022, she was found dead at her rented apartment in Gada Sahi, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about Rashmirekha Ojha’s parents. Rashmirekha has three younger brothers.
Rashmirekha Ojha was in a live-in relationship with her boyfriend Santosh Patra.
In 2022, Rashmirekha Ojha was seen in the show Kemiti Kahibi Kaha on Zee Sarthak alongside Supriya Nayak and Siddhanta Mahapatra. She had appeared in cameo roles in a few Odia television serials.
Rashmirekha Ojha appeared in around 15 music videos.
Rashmirekha Ojha allegedly committed suicide and was found hanging in her rented apartment in Gada Sahi, Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 18 June 2022. Hindustan Times Later, a suicide note was recovered from her diary at the spot of the incident in which she stated that no one should be held responsible for her death.
- Rashmirekha Ojha used to make lip-sync videos on her Instagram account.
- Rashmirekha Ojha’s father accused her live-in partner Santosh Patra of his involvement in her daughter’s death. In an interview, he said,
Our calls to her on Saturday went unanswered. Later, Santosh broke the news to us. We came to know from the landlord of the house that Santosh and Rashmi lived as husband-wife. We had no idea about that,” India Today
- In an interview, while talking to reporters, the senior police officer said,
The 23-year-old actress was found hanging from the ceiling of her rented home on the night of June 18. The police are waiting for her post-mortem report to arrive.Prima facie, it seems to be a case of suicide as she left behind a note stating that no one was responsible for her death,” The Indian Express
- Rashmirekha Ojha’s landlord stated that Rashmirekha and Santosh had taken the apartment on rent for two months and told him that they were a married couple.
- In an interview, the DCP of Bhubaneswar, Prateek Singh, said,
We had recovered a mobile, laptop and a handwritten note. As per the note, she was going through a severe mental depression. She has held none responsible for taking such an extreme step. Even we haven’t received any complaint from the victim’s family in this regard. We are investigating this from all angles. As per the landlord, she had rented the house for two months with her male friend. The landlord hasn’t yet shared any other information or hasn’t filed any complaint.” The Interview Times
- On 21 June 2022, an audio clip of Rashmirekha and Santosh was recovered which had their conversation about a boy named Raja, which speculated a relationship between Rashmirekha Ojha and Raja. YouTube-Argus News