Rakul Preet Singh is an Indian actress and model who mostly works in Telugu and Tamil films. She has also worked in a few Hindi films.
Rakul Preet Singh was born on 10 October 1990 (30 years; as in 2020) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Rakul did her schooling from Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi and went to Jesus and Mary College, the University of Delhi to pursue her graduation in Mathematics. While Rakul was in college, she started doing modelling assignments and landed up a small role in the Kannada film “Gilli.” In 2011, she took part in Femina Miss India and won 4 titles, Miss Fresh Face, Miss Beautiful Smile, Miss Talented and Miss Beautiful Eyes.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Rakul Preet Singh belongs to a Sikh Family. She is the daughter of Rajender Singh, an Indian Army officer, and Kulwinder Singh. She has a younger brother, Aman.
Rakul is rumoured to be dating the Tamil and Telugu cinema star, Rana Daggubati.
Rakul started her career in 2013 as a lead actress with the Telugu film “Keratam.” In the same year, she made her Tamil debut with the film “Thadaiyara Thaakka.” In 2014, her Bollywood debut came with the film “Yaariyan” in which she played the role of ‘Saloni.’ Some of her commercially successful films include “Venkatadri Express,” “Current Theega,” “Rough,” “Kick 2,” “Dhruva,” “Spyder,” and “Theeran Adhigaaram Ondru.”
In 2017, Rakul was appointed as the brand ambassador of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao programme by the Telangana Government. Rakul has also featured on the covers of various magazines including “Exhibit,” “Wedding Vows,” “WOW,” and “FHM.”
In September 2020, Rakul Preet Singh was the one among several Bollywood celebrities to receive the summon issued by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Bollywood drug row. In the wake of Sushant Singh Rajput‘s death case, the NCB issued summons to many Bollywood celebrities, including Deepika Padukone, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor, Simone Khambatta, and Madhu Mantena. Ahmedabad Mirror
Rakul gets paid Rs. 1-1.5 crore per film.
- Food: Aloo Paranthas, Gulab Jamun
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Films: P.S. I Love U, The Devil Wears Prada, Hangover, Kal Ho Na Ho and Namastey London
- Colours: White, Blue
- Fashion Piece: Bags
- Style Icon: Sonam Kapoor
- Book: Overdressed by Elizabeth L Cline
- Her hobbies include dancing, playing golf, doing the workout, and swimming.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Rakul smashed a guy while she was on her college trip as he was taking out her and her friend’s pictures.
- Singh is a huge fan of the badminton player, Saina Nehwal.
- Rakul is very particular about her fitness and also holds a blue belt in Karate.
- She runs a fitness chain “F45” in Hyderabad along with her brother, Aman.
- She is very fond of dogs and has a pet dog, Blossom.
- According to Rakul, her dream role would be to portray a role like ‘Geet’ in Jab We Met, Simran in DDLj and Mastani in Bajirao Mastani.
- Rakul confessed that she did the Kannada film “Gilli” just to earn a little extra pocket money and was not actually aware that south films do so well.
- Rakul is very good at playing Golf and has also participated in national level Golf tournaments.