Ishita Raj is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Bollywood films. She is popular for her role as Charu in the movie ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ (2011).
Ishita Raj Sharma Hindustan Times was born on Thursday, 12 July 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling at Delhi Public School, New Delhi. She has pursued B.Com at Gargi College, New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-25-35
Parents & Siblings
The name of her father is not known. Her mother’s name is Meenu Sharma.
She has two siblings, a brother, Rishi Raj Sharma, and a sister, Shuchi Sharma.
Husband & Children
She is unmarried.
Ishita debuted with the Bollywood film Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011) as Charu.
She later appeared in other Bollywood films that include Meeruthiya Gangsters (2015), Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), Yaaram (2019), and Jai Mummy Di (2019).
In 2021, she did another film with director Luv Ranjan titled ‘Wild Wild Punjab.’
She appeared in the Bollywood movie ‘Prassthanam’ for an item song ‘Dil Bevda; in 2019.
She also appeared in a Punjabi music video ‘Loaded’ that was sung by Ninja.
- In 2015, she won the Big Star Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast Award.
- In 2018, she won Best supporting actress for Sonu ke titu ki sweetY at TIIFA.
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Bollywood Film: Maine Pyar Kiya (1989)
- Singer: Neha Kakkar
- Colour(s): Black, red
She owns a Mercedes-Benz.
- Ishita’s friends and family call her with the name Kittu.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include travelling and dancing.
- She started her career in the industry by modelling for various brands. In an interview, she said that she did not leave modelling even after she became an actress.
- In an interview, she revealed that she received a lot of appreciation for her role in the movie Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety. She said,
I’m happy that people noticed me. The reaction I’ve got after SKTKS is way more than both the Punchnama films (combined).”
- Ishita started her career in 2011, but till 2016, she appeared in only three films. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I know I’ve been lacking behind and I’m already too late for a lot of things. You see, I was not an industry kid and coming from Delhi, maybe I was destined to be a part of films. After PKP did well, I moved to Mumbai. At that time, maybe I was not getting the right scripts or maybe I wasn’t ready to settle for anything less. So, when PKP 2 was offered, I felt being a part of a hit film sequel is no harm.”
- In the first three films that Ishita did, she played the same sort of role. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
That’s because I worked with the same director in these films. When I’d work with other people, of course I’d do different characters. I don’t have a godfather or any backing and, so I know I have to prove a lot. As an actor, my job is to play different roles, styles and people onscreen. I want to channel my talent and tap into that field where I can play a very sweet naive girl to a village girl to a vamp. I want people to say that this girl has guts to adapt into any character.”
- She is often featured on various magazine covers.
- She travels a lot and posts pictures on social media.
- She is often spotted consuming alcoholic beverages on various occasions.
- She often appears in various newspapers.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and regularly hits the gym.
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.