Sara Ali Khan is an Indian actress. Born into a family of Nawabs, she marked her debut in the glamour world with the movie ‘Kedarnath’ (2018). Let’s check out more about Sara Ali Khan.
Biography/Wiki & Career
Sara Ali Khan was born on 12 August 1993 (age 25; as in 2018) in Mumbai, India. In 2017, she made her entry into the glamour world with the movie ‘Kedarnath.’ Even before she was an actress, she had appeared on the cover page of ‘Hello!’ magazine along with her mother, Amrita Singh.
After her appearance on the cover page of the magazine, she started getting modelling assignments. However, her parents wanted her to complete her studies first and then enter the entertainment industry.
Sara Ali Khan did her schooling from Besant Montessori School, Mumbai, India. Her parents were so keen to get her into that school that they even had to lobby the headmaster of that school for Sara’s admission.
She completed her graduation in History and Political Science in 2016 from the Columbia University, New York.
Since her childhood, she wanted to be an actress whereas her father, Saif Ali Khan, wanted her to first complete studies. In the year 2018, she made her Bollywood debut with the movie ‘Kedarnath,’ opposite Sushant Singh Rajput. The film is, reportedly, inspired by the 2013 Kedarnath Disaster.
In December 2018, she appeared in ‘Simmba’ alongside Ranveer Singh.
In 2018, she appeared on the Season 6 of the chat show, ‘Koffee With Karan’ along with her father, Saif Ali Khan.
Sara Ali Khan is 5′ 4” tall & weighs approx. 50 kg. As a child, Sara Ali Khan used to be a bit overweight and weighed nearly 96 kg. She worked hard and has transformed from fat to fit. Sara Ali Khan took to gymming and followed a balanced diet to lose weight.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Sara Ali Khan was born and brought up in a Nawab Family in Mumbai. Her grandfather, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, was a well-known Indian cricketer while her grandmother, Sharmila Tagore, is a famous actress. She is the daughter of famous Bollywood actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh.
Her parents got divorced in 2004; after 13 years of their marriage.
She has a brother Ibrahim Ali Khan.
On 16 October 2012, her father got married to the Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor. She has also a stepbrother, Taimur Ali Khan.
According to sources, she was rumoured to be dating Veer Pahariya who is the son of a businessman, Sanjay Pahariya. Former Union Minister, Sushil Kumar Shinde is Veer Pahariya’s maternal grandfather. Veer is a budding singer. National Views
Sara Ali Khan was also rumoured to be dating Anil Kapoor’s son Harshvardhan Kapoor.
- Sara Ali Khan is a fan of Varun Dhawan.
- Her favourite actress is Alia Bhatt.
- Her favourite destinations are Goa, London, New York, and Dubai.
- While she was studying, Sara Ali Khan was quite fond of eating pizza from Tom’s Delicious Pizza, New York.
- Sara Ali Khan is good friends with her stepmother, Kareena Kapoor Khan. She says she would love to go out shopping with her.
- She wants to date Kartik Aaryan.
- Her mother, Amrita Singh, had dressed her for her father’s wedding.
- She suffers from Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) because of which she had gained weight.
- Sara revealed that at one point she wanted to marry Ranbir Kapoor.
- When the headmaster of the Besant Montessori School wanted to talk to her, she started singing the song ‘Dama Dam Mast Kalandar’ and that’s how she got admission in the school.
- She was quite impressed with the role of Kareena Kapoor Khan in the film ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.’
- She resided at 110 Broadway, New York City while she was studying at the Columbia University.
- Interestingly, the age difference between Sara Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan is approximately equal to the age difference between Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
References [ + ]