Sara Ali Khan is the popular Indian actress, and she is the daughter of popular Bollywood actors; Amrita Singh and Saif Ali Khan.
Sara Ali Khan was born on Saturday, 12 August 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022), in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She did her schooling from Besant Montessori School, Mumbai, and Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai. In an interview, the popular Indian actress, Ananya Pandey revealed that Sara Ali Khan was her senior in school. India Today Indian Express Sara did her graduation in History and Political Science from Columbia University, New York in 2016. The Times of India
IMDb Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Sara’s grandfather was a Pataudi, and her grandmother was born in a Bengali family. Sara is half Pashtun and half Punjabi; as her father is from Pashtun descent, whereas, her mother is a Punjabi. Wikipedia
Parents & Siblings
Sara Ali Khan was born and brought up in a Nawab Family in Mumbai. Her maternal grandmother, Rukhsana Sultana was a popular Indian socialite. Her maternal grandfather’s name is Shivinder Singh Virk. Her grandfather, Late Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, was a well-known Indian cricketer while her grandmother, Sharmila Tagore, is a veteran Indian actress.
She is the daughter of the famous Bollywood actors, Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh. She has a younger brother, Ibrahim Ali Khan who was born on 5 March 2001.
Her parents got divorced in 2004; after 13 years of their marriage. Sara and her brother were raised by their mother. In an interview, while talking about her parent’s divorce, she said,
I was more than okay with that arrangement. I think having two happy parents in different homes is much more preferable than two unhappy parents in the same home. I think I am the way that I am because my mother didn’t let me feel any kind deprivation for even a second. I have a very hands-on mother. Once my brother and I were born, she did nothing but look after us.”
After a few relationships, her father got married for the second time on 16 October 2012, to the famous Bollywood actress, Kareena Kapoor. On 20 December 2016, her stepbrother, Taimur Ali Khan, was born. In 2020, Kareena Kapoor was pregnant with her second child.
On 21 February 2021, she welcomed her second half-brother when Kareena Kapoor gave birth to her second son at Mumbai’s Breach Candy’s Hospital in Mumbai.
Relationship, Husband & Children
She was in a relationship with the Indian businessman, Veer Pahariya who is the son of Sanjay Pahariya, a well known Indian businessman. The Indian politician, Sushil Kumar Shinde is Veer Pahariya’s maternal grandfather. The Times of India
In 2017, there were rumours of Sara dating Shahid Kapoor‘s younger brother, Ishaan Khatter. Both were supposed to debut in the Bollywood film, “Student Of The Year 2;” which was later released in 2019. India Today
While shooting for her debut Hindi film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018), she was rumoured to dating her co-star, Late Sushant Singh Rajput, but the rumours turned out to be true, during the investigation of the mysterious death of Sushant Singh Rajput in 2020 when one of Sushant’s friends revealed that Sara was in a relationship with Sushant. The Times of India
In one of the episodes of the popular talk show, ‘Koffee with Karan’ in 2018, Sara appeared as a guest with her father. In the show, she said that she had a crush on the famous Indian actor, Kartik Aaryan. It is said that the Bollywood actor, Ranveer Singh played the cupid between the two.
Later, Sara and Kartik were cast together in ‘Love Aaj Kal 2,’ which was released in 2020. There were rumours that both dated for almost one year and after the release of their film, ‘Love Aaj Kal 2,’ they both got seperated. The Times of India
In August 2022, she was spotted with cricketer Shubman Gill having dinner at a restaurant. The Indian Express
Since her childhood, she wanted to become an actress, whereas her father, Saif Ali Khan, wanted her to first complete her studies. In the year 2018, she made her Bollywood debut with the film, ‘Kedarnath,’ opposite Sushant Singh Rajput. The film is, reportedly, inspired by the 2013 Kedarnath Disaster.
In 2018, she appeared in the Hindi film, ‘Simmba’ alongside Ranveer Singh. In 2020, she was roped in the Bollywood film, ‘Love Aaj Kal 2,’ directed by the popular Indian director, ‘Imtiaz Ali.’ She was cast as a main lead in the Bollywood films, ‘Coolie No. 1’ (2020) and ‘Atrangi Re’ (2021).
- In 2019, she appeared in an interview with the famous Indian journalist, Barkha Dutt. Sara landed herself into a controversy when one person from the audience asked her,
If she ever felt like looking darker or going to the beach and getting a tan.”
To which she replied,
If you wanna be tan, just put on some bronzer, and if you wanna be fair, put on some powder. It’s not the end of the world, and it shouldn’t define you at all.”
Her comment was not taken positively by the people, and she received backlash for making a racist comment on a public platform. IDiva
- During the investigation of Sushant Singh Rajput’s mysterious death on 14 June 2020, the Bollywood actress, Rhea Chakraborty was arrested by the NCB for her connection in drug trading. While Rhea was in remand under the NCB, she revealed around 25 names of Bollywood celebrities who were involved in taking drugs. The list of 25 celebrities included names of Bollywood actors like Rakul Preet Singh and Sara Ali Khan. Sara received huge criticism from the netizens for her involvement in drugs. Deccan Chronicle
In 2019, her net worth was estimated to be Rs. 5.75 crores. Forbes India
- Actor: Varun Dhawan
- Actress(es): Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai, and Alia Bhatt
- Singer: Neha Kakkar
- Holiday Destinations: Goa, London, New York, and Dubai
- Subject: History
- Food: Pizza, Milk Cake, and Besan Ke Laddoo
- Song(s): ‘Lag Jaa Gale,’ ‘Bahon Mein Chale Aao,’ and ‘Tune O Rangile Kaise Jadu Kia’
- Makeup Product: Nail Paint
- As a child, Sara Ali Khan used to be a bit overweight, and she weighed nearly 96 kg. She worked hard in the gym, and she went on to get herself transformed from fat to fit. She changed her diet completely, earlier, she used to eat fast food a lot. She was suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) due to which she had difficulty in loosing weight. While talking about her weight loss journey in one of the episodes of Indian Idol, she said,
I am a big fan of Neha Kakkar as she is a great singer, I really love her songs. It’s a fan moment for me. I was so excited before coming on Indian Idol 10 to meet Neha. I have been listening to her songs for a long time. Her songs actually helped me to lose weight. I used to run on the treadmill listening to some of her hit songs on repeat mode.”
- Sara Ali Khan is good friends with her stepmother, Kareena Kapoor Khan. According to Sara, she loves to go shopping with her
- She loves to play tennis along with her father and brother.
- In a talk show, she shared that her nickname was ‘Som.’ She said that in childhood, she was not able to pronounce small so she used to pronounce it as “som.” Republic World
- Her brother, Taimur calls her ‘Gol.’ While talking to a reporter, Sara said,
You know he says gol. So he says amma to Kareena (Kapoor Khan), he says abba to my father (Saif Ali Khan), he says bhai to my brother (Ibrahim Ali Khan) and then he says gol.” The Times of India
- In an interview, Saif Ali Khan said that it was Aishwarya Rai who inspired Sara Ali Khan to become an actor. He said,
I have seen her do a very funny advert when she was four and she’s been like this all along. There was actress Aishwarya Rai on stage in New York with people going ballistic and Sara sitting on the floor behind the curtain saying, ‘This is what I want to do.”
- While talking about her step mother, Kareena Kapoor, she said in an interview,
Everyone has been clear about their dynamics with me. It has never been confusing. Kareena herself says that ‘look you have a mother and a great one and what I want is for us to be able to be friends.’ My father also never said ‘this is your second mother’ or made it any way uncomfortable.”
- In a chat show, Sara talked about her father’s second marriage, she said,
My mom dressed me for my father’s wedding. A lot of people would be of the opinion that Kareena was being weird or mom was being weird. It was very comfortable. Everyone was so mature. It was not a big deal.”
- She has walked the ramp at various fashion shows and has featured on the cover of many renowned magazines.
- SSara loved the role of Kareena Kapoor Khan as Poo in the film, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham’ (2001).
- She resided at 110 Broadway, New York City while she was studying at Columbia University.
- She has received many awards for her debut film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018); as the Best Debut Female.
- Interestingly, the age difference between Sara Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan is approximately equal to the age difference between Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- Even before she was an actress, she had appeared on the cover page of ‘Hello!’ magazine along with her mother, Amrita Singh.
- In 2018, she appeared on the Season 6 of the chat show, ‘Koffee With Karan’ along with her father, Saif Ali Khan.
- After the release of her debut film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018), she talked about her co-star, Sushant Singh Rajput, she said,
I am so glad that you asked me that. I have no idea how I have done this film. I have tried my best but I feel I couldn’t have done any of it without Sushant. He has just been the most helpful person I have had. There were days when I was lost and scared as it’s the first time I am facing the camera but he has been hands on. Sushant also helped me improve my Hindi and whatever little I speak, he has taught me. He has helped me a lot.”
- She is an animal lover and owns a pet dog, Fuffy.
- She loves to eat non-vegetarian food, and Hyderabadi chicken biryani is one of her favourite non-vegetarian dishes. The Times of India
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties. India TV News
- She has endorsed various products as a brand ambassador including Fanta, Puma, and Veet.
Sare Ali Khan is the daughter of Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh. The actress is making her debut to Bollywood film industry with the film Kedarnath starring opposite Sushant Singh Rajput. Abhishek Kapoor is helming the film which is slated for the release on 21st December. The actress has signed another project before the release of her debut project which is nothing but Simha starring Ranveer Singh. The film is a remake of Telugu Hit film Temper which stars Jr. NTR and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles. Sara will be essaying the role of Kajal Aggarwal in the film which is directed by Rohit Shetty.
Your article above describes fair complexion as a god gift what exactly are you trying to convey by writing that. So you want to say those who do not have a fair complextion they are not god gifted common man it’s 2018 for same gods sake grow up and write carefully before you post it yeah she is gorgeous but grow up man.
Ms. Sara Ali Khan is really superb. She is actually very beautiful, stunning and gorgeous actress. Undoubtedly, SHE will become like a female Superstar of Hindi Film Industry viz. Bollywood as I foretell her right now in a mere overlook of her great persona and with influential remarks that SHE leaves it back anywhere.
I wish her all the Best in upcoming future.
@ Waquar HASHMI
Sara Ali khan So must beauty fully actor
Me apka bahut bada fan hu I love you
Sara Ali khan
I became a huge fan of sara ali khan after noticed her cuteness, smile and also those beautiful eyes.💚💚💚
sara ali khan good actress in Bollywood
Sara ali khan very pretty girl looking Awesome
sara ali khan is really beautiful. she is the best
Love you SARA ALI KHAN.Your smile is so much attractive. I wish to marry you. Love from Pakistan.
sara ali khan is very gorgeous actress in bollywood
Hi sara I like you. I like your smile and beauty you are really member of nawabs. I would like to meet you and stay blessed.