Kartik Aaryan is an Indian actor and model. He came into the spotlight by playing the role of ‘Rajat Mridul’ (Rajjo) in the romantic comedy “Pyaar Ka Punchnama.”
Kartik Tiwari was born into a middle-class family on 22 November 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India. He attended St. Paul’s School and Kiddy’s School in Gwalior. He dreamt of becoming an actor since he was in the 10th standard. After completing his 11th standard, he relocated to Delhi in search of work.
As there were fewer opportunities in Delhi as compared to Mumbai, he relocated to Mumbai and took admission in DY Patil College, Navi Mumbai to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology. He chose that college so that he could get to all the auditions in the city since attendance wasn’t an issue there. He used to bunk his college every day and walk to the city to give the auditions. Kartik started working as a model before venturing into films.
Height: 6’ 0”
Weight: 78 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 42″, Waist 31″, Biceps 15″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Kartik belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Manish Tiwari, is a paediatrician and mother, Mala Tiwari, is a gynaecologist. He has one sister, Kittu.
According to him, his first girlfriend left him because he wanted to be an actor.
Kartik Aaryan was speculated to be dating his Pyaar Ka Punchnama co-star, Nushrat Bharucha.
Kartik was also rumoured to be dating Fatima Sana Shaikh.
Kartik made his acting debut in 2011 with Luv Ranjan’s “Pyaar Ka Punchnama.” The film performed well on the box office and his performance was praised in the movie. He delivered a 5.29 minutes monologue in the film which was one of the lengthiest shots done for a Bollywood film at that time.
Subsequently, he featured in Akaash Vani (2013) and Kaanchi: The Unbreakable (2014).
In 2015, Aaryan appeared in the sequel of his debut film “Pyaar Ka Punchanama,” which was a hit on the box office. He even delivered a 7.80 minutes monologue in the film which became very popular among the audience.
Thereafter, he featured in the Hindi comedy “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.” The movie was one of the highest grossing films of 2018.
In 2019, he will be seen in the romantic comedy “Luka Chuppi” opposite Kriti Sanon.
In addition to acting, he is also the brand ambassador of Emami Fair and Handsome and Envy1000.
- Best Actor in a Comic Role for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015)
- Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Best Entertainer of the Year for the film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018)
- Vogue Beauty Award for Heartthrob of the Year (2018)
Kartik owns a BMW 5 series.
- Food: Sindhi Curry with Zeera rice, Chhole Bathure, Paav Bhaji, Gulab Jamun, Gajar Ka Halwa, Risotto, Stir-Fried Veggies
- Films: Rockstar, Delhi Belly, Gangs of Wasseypur, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Colours: Blue, Black, White
- Fashion Brands: Adidas Originals, Zara
- Destinations: Canada, London, Kolkata
- His hobbies include playing video games, photography, writing, watching football & table tennis.
- His friends fondly call him Koki.
- He considers Akshay Kumar as his acting inspiration.
- If Kartik would not have been an actor, he would have been a scientist.
- His mother lovingly calls him Guddu.
- According to Kartik, he would love to play Ranbir Kapoor’s characters in the films Rockstar and Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani.
- Kartik dropped his engineering degree in the final year after being selected for his debut film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama” (2011). The actor later gave the final year examinations and completed his degree.
- Although Kartik is a vegetarian, he ate 25 eggs a day for several days to put on weight for his film “Akaash Vani.”
- Kartik shared a 2 BHK flat with 12 boys in Lokhandwala, Mumbai before he debuted as an actor in Pyaar Ka Punchnama.
- Kartik changed his name from Kartik Tiwari to Kartik Aaryan just before the release of his film “Kaanchi: The Unbreakable.”
- Kartik was noticed by Luv Ranjan on Facebook, after which he received a call for being cast in “Pyaar Ka Punchnama.”
- Kartik did not inform his parents about his acting desires until he bagged his first film.
- Kartik used to skip his classes often and go for the auditions. It once happened that his teacher said that she’ll pass him in her subject if he is able to tell her name but Kartik didn’t know her name and failed the subject.