Guddi Maruti is an Indian actress who is well known for playing comic roles in Bollywood movies and the Hindi television industry. She is known for her appearance in the films Khiladi (1992), Shola Aur Shabnam (1992), Balwaan (1992), Chamatkar(1992), and Dulhe Raja (1998).
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 42-40-42
Parents & Siblings
Guddi Maruti’s father’s name is Marutirao Parab. He was an actor and director, known for playing comedy roles in Bollywood films. Guddi Maruti’s father passed away in 1981.
Her mother’s name is Kaneez Fatima. She is a former Bollywood actress and her screen name is Kamal.
Guddi Maruti has two sisters, Heena Parab and Praveen Parab. Guddi had a brother, Dara Munawar Ali who passed away after an attack by members of the Chotta Shakeel gang in March 1997 in his flat in Khar, Mumbai.
Husband & Children
In 1975, Guddi Maruti made her debut in the film Jaan Haazir Hain. In 1980, she appeared in the film Sau Din Saas Ke as Maina. In 1986, she appeared in the film Nagina in which she played the role of Bhanumati. In 1989, she played the role of Bela Batliwala in the film Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni. In 1992, she appeared in the film Khiladi starring Akshay Kumar in which she played the role of Chandramukhi.
In the same year, she appeared in various films like Shola Aur Shabnam as Guddi, Chamatkar, Honeymoon as Maizaah, Zulm Ki Hukumat, and Jeena Marna Tere Sang and Balwaan as Radha.
In 1998, she was seen in the film Dulhe Raja as Mrs Azgar Singh.
In 1986, Guddi Maruti made her television debut with the show Idhar Udhar as Moti Shabnam on DD National. In 1995, she was seen in the comedy show Sorry Meri Lorry on Zee TV. Later, Guddi appeared in various serials like Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (2005) on Sahara One, Agadam Bagdam Tigdam (2007) as Rosie on Disney Channel, and Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (2010) on StarPlus. In 2012, Guddi played the role of Paddy Aunty in the Zee TV show Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein. In 2013, she was seen in the Zee TV show Doli Armaano Ki as Sindhu Bua. Next, she was seen in a few shows like Ishq Ka Rang Safed (2015) on Colors TV, Woh Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle(2016) as Guddi on Sony SAB, Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai (2018) on Sony TV, and Hum Paanch Ab Aaega Asli Mazaa (2018) as Dulari Devi on Big Magic.
In 2019, Guddi Maruti made her debut in theatre with the play Hello Zindagi in which she played the role of Bijoya di. The play was staged at Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi. It was a women-orientated drama starring Minissha Lamba, Kishwar Merchant, Delnaz Irani, Guddi Maruti and Chitrashi Rawat. National Herald
Guddi Maruti has appeared in a commercial for the popular brand Gas O Fast.
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda
- Television Channel: Discovery
- Reality Show: Big Boss
- Television Serial(s): Comedy Circus and Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Comedian(s): Mehmood, Kishore Kumar and Bharti Singh.
- Guddi Maruti, in an interview, revealed that she faced criticism in her school days due to her weight. Later, her weight became her privilege in her acting career. While talking about her experience, she said,
In school, I would get very upset when guys called me ‘moti‘ or say things like ‘kaunse chakki ka aata khati hai?‘ I would pick up fights.But once I started working, I got mentally prepared for it because my weight was my bread and butter. When I was working, I was not allowed to lose weight. If I would even say it, people would panic. When I started working, my father made me understand that I was not the film’s heroine. I was the comedian, so I should be able to laugh at myself. Rediff.com
- She also goes by the name Guddi.
- Filmmaker Manmohan Desai gave her the name Guddi Maruti which is a combination of her nickname and her father’s name. Rediff.com
- Guddi Maruti was in the sixth standard when she got her first film, Jaan Haazir Hain.
- Guddi Maruti is often spotted drinking wine with friends and family at parties and events.
- Guddi appeared in the song ‘Moti Palley Pai’ from the film, Sau Din Saas Ke. Shemaroo Filmi Gaane-YouTube
- According to Guddi, had she not become an actor, she would be an air hostess.