Abhinav Kohli is an Indian television actor and producer. He is the husband of the television actress, Shweta Tiwari.
Abhinav Kohli was born on Saturday, 6 June 1981 (age 38 years; as in 2019) in Jammu. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He did his schooling from Bengaluru’s Air Force School and went to R. V. College of Engineering to pursue a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electronics & Communication. After completing his graduation, he got a job in “Omam Consultants.” Kohli did the job for 8 months and resigned from his post to make a career in the entertainment industry.
Height (approx.): 5’ 10”
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Family, Caste & Wife
Abhinav Kohli belongs to a Hindu Khatri Family. His father, Sudhir Kohli, was a retired Wing Commander. His mother, Poonam Kohli, is the owner of Punya Publishing Pvt. Ltd. He has a brother, Anirudh Kohli, who is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has a sister, Amanda Rouslin Kohli.
Abhinav got married to the television actress, Shweta Tiwari, on 13 July 2013. The couple has a son, Reyansh Kohli, who was born in 2016. Abhinav also has a step-daughter, Palak Tiwari, who is Shweta’s daughter from her first husband, Raja Chaudhary.
Abhinav Kohli started his career in 2004 by participating in the talent show “India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj.” He won the show from Bangalore. Subsequently, he appeared in TV serials like “Ssshhhh…Koi Hai,” “Mano Ya Na Mano,” “CID,” “Choona Hai Aasman,” “Gup Shup Coffee Shop,” “Jaane Kya Baat Hui,” and “Sarvggun Sampanna.”
In 2012, Abhinav started a production company under the name “Palak and Punia Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.” He is also the director of his mother’s publishing house “Punya Publishing Pvt. Ltd.” The company has published some of the popular books of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam like “The Luminous Sparks” and “You Are Unique.”
In 2019, a molestation case was registered against Abhinav Kohli by his wife Shweta Tiwari for allegedly making lewd comments on her daughter Palak Tiwari and also showing her vulgar photos. Kohli was taken into custody by the Mumbai Police after the complaint.
- Food: Paneer Butter Masala, Dry Chicken
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Film: Pink (2016)
- Colours: Blue, White
- Travel Destination: London
- His hobbies include travelling and reading novels.
- Abhinav follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He is a religious person and is often seen visiting religious places.
- After Kohli was arrested by the Mumbai Police, his mother, Poonam Kohli, revealed that all was not well between her son, Abhinav and daughter-in-law, Shweta Tiwari. His mother also said that Abhinav had treated Shweta’s daughter as his own daughter and could never do such an act. She further said that the false allegations were made by Shweta as she wanted a divorce from him.