Sylvester Peter is a motivational speaker, holistic trainer, and student counsellor. He is famous for his ‘My Angels Academy’ that works towards reforming the lives of slum children through the game of football.
Sylvester Peter was born on Sunday, 19 August 1973 (age 47 years; as of 2020) Facebook in Chennai and brought up in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Leo. He did his schooling at Delhi Tamil Education Association School, Moti Bagh, South Delhi. He studied mass communication and management at Bal Bharti Institute, New Delhi. Later, he pursued a Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature at Delhi University. Facebook LinkedIn
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
He lost his father at a very young age. He has two elder sisters and one younger brother.
Relationships, Wife & Children
He got separated from his wife after a few years of their marriage. In an interview, he said,
Nothing big is achieved in a very comfortable zone. It demands a certain cost. Yes, my marriage broke because of my Angels, but I don’t see it as a very high personal cost because when I see my Angels appreciated in public, getting rewarded, I see that as priceless.” The Better India
When he was in class 4, one incident in his school changed his attitude towards life. In an interview, while sharing the incident, he said,
One of my classmates told me that it was his birthday that day and I asked him what gift he was going to get from his parents and I also inquired where the party was. I was surprised when he told me that his parents would take him to the temple and that there was no other celebration. When I heard this, I was so angry with his parents that I later complained to my mother about how my friend’s parents were unconcerned and did not celebrate his birthday. On hearing this, my mother scolded me and said I should not speak ill about elder people. I told her the whole story. Then my mother realized that my friend’s family was very poor, and they couldn’t even afford to buy a cake or a gift. That was the reason for not having a party.”
When he was 13 years old, he started his academy ‘My Angels Academy’ to support underprivileged children of slum areas in academics and sports. In 2001, he started working as a counsellor at NCR. Later, he worked as a holistic trainer and motivational speaker at various schools and colleges. He provides football training to underprivileged children and involves them in various interactive activities like dance, music, and environmental studies. During an interview, Peter talked about his children whom he refers as his angels, he said,
One of my kids wanted to be a terrorist, but today he would give his life to protect a life. Another example is Sandip who was a beggar. Today he is a banker and donates 50 percent of his salary to the academy.”
His academy provides equal opportunity to boys and girls with the motto ‘Learn and Earn.’ His boys’ football team has won matches against the teams of Arsenal and Barcelona. One of his students, Md. Tanjeer, who was a former drug addict, was selected for the football club, Liverpool. Apart from football, his students have performed very well in academics as well.
WZ-13A, Ground floor, Budella, Vikaspuri, New Delhi- 110018 Delhi
- Film: Policegiri (2013)
- Sports Person: Sayed Hassan Rezay, MC Mary Kom, Jeb Brovsky
- Restaurant: Kasbah Restaurant and Lounge
- He studied in a government school in Delhi as his mother wanted him to learn Tamil.
- He used to play cricket and participate in all track and field events when he was in school. Later, he was introduced to football by one his family friends T. K. Soman.
- The former director of FC Barcelona‘s youth club Xevi Marce visited his academy in 2018 and praised him for his contribution in providing a better life to the underprivileged children.
- Peter has been interviewed by many leading newspapers of India including including The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, Deccan Chronicle, The Indian Express, and The Hindu.
- In 2018, a documentary was screened at under Coffee table book by the then Indian rural minister Jairam Ramesh.
- He has received many awards including Bravery Award by FM 104. He has also been honoured by the Confederation of India, Indian Coach Factory’s Friends Football Club in Chennai, and FICCI.
- In 2021, he appeared in the special Karamveer episode of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 12’ along with Anoop Khanna; a social worker and the Indian actress Raveena Tandon.
- One of his favourite quotes is,
Transforming lives through Love & Football!”