Pooja Dadwal is an Indian actress who has worked in Bollywood films. She has worked with Salman Khan in his film “Veergati” (1995) and came into limelight when the news about Salman Khan’s ‘Being Human,’ giving Pooja financial and medical help, surfaced on social media.
Pooja Dadwal was born on Saturday, 5 January 1977 (age 46 years; as in 2020). Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She has done graduation in Arts.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Her father’s name is Romesh Dadwal, and her mother’s name is Neerja Dadwal. She has two sisters named Drishti Dadwal and Antra Dadwal. Not much is known about her husband or children. She is separated from her husband.
Pooja Dadwal made her acting debut with the Bollywood film “Veergati” (1995) as ‘Pooja’ alongside Salman Khan and Atul Agnihotri.
Due to her selection in films, her acting career slowly deteriorated. She has acted in the films like Inteqam (2001), Dabdaba (2002), Jeene Nahin Doongi (2002), Sindoor Ki Saugandh (2002), and Hindustan (2004); all of them were box office disasters. She made her television debut with the serial “Aashiqui.” She was last seen in Zee TV’s serial “Gharana.”
After doing the show “Gharana,” Pooja decided to quit acting to focus on her family. Pooja Dadwal is set to make her comeback with the short film “Shukrana Guru Nanak Dev Ji Ka” (2020).
The film is directed by the Punjabi film director Surinder Singh. She is also slated to act in Surinder’s next film “Beautiful Wife.”
- In 2018, she became the talk of the town after the reports surfaced that Salman Khan‘s charity, Being Human was supporting her financially in her fight with tuberculosis.
- After quitting acting, she moved to the US, where she worked at a gas station. She then returned to India and started working as an assistant manager at a casino in Goa.
- She was working in Goa when she found out that she was suffering from tuberculosis. Seeing her deteriorating health, her family left her. She called Rajendra Singh, one of her closest friends in the film industry. Rajendra decided to help her, and she was admitted to a hospital in Sewri, Mumbai in 2018.
- She also released a video on social media in which, she was seen asking Salman Khan for financial and medical help.
- She was losing confidence due to her illness until Salman Khan and his charity, Being Human came to her rescue. Once she was discharged from the hospital, she went to Goa for rehabilitation.
- In Goa, she started to give tuitions to earn her living. During this time, she decided to resume acting and came to Mumbai, where she started tiffin service to earn her daily bread.
- Hearing her story, Director Surinder Singh contacted Pooja and offered him to act in his short film “Shukrana Guru Nanak Dev Ji Ka” (2020).
- Pooja is thankful towards Salman Khan who has helped her throughout her critical medical condition. Talking about Salman, she said,
He has been with me both in spirit and otherwise. I want to meet him and I will. I have said this many times, I worship Salman Khan. I would love to work with him again.
- Before Salman’s charity, ‘Being Human’ helped Pooja, Ravi Kishan, who worked with her in the film “Tumse Pyar Ho Gaya” (1997), had sent an acquaintance of his to provide Pooja with fruits and money for her treatment.
- She is the brand ambassador of the book “Safalta Bachchon Ka Khel” by Vikas Jolly. The book is based on the real-life stories of 15 children.