Auritra Ghosh is an Indian actress, dancer, and theatre artist who gained immense recognition for her performance in films like ‘love Breakups Zindagi,’ (2011) ‘Dharam Sankat Mein,’ (2015), and ‘M Cream’ (2014).
Auritra Ghosh was born in Jamshedpur. She grew up in Delhi. She celebrates her birthday every year on the 7th of August. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
She attended Tata Institute of Data Sciences and studied Information Systems for her higher education.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Natural Black
Eye Colour: True Gray
Weight (approx.): 52 kgs
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Auritra Ghosh’s mother (deceased) was a sitar player, and her father is an engineer. Auritra credits her father for all the success in her life and says,
“My father taught me to be strong and follow my dreams.”
Auritra Ghosh has an elder sister who is married and has a daughter. She loves her niece dearly and often posts her photos on social media.
Auritra lives with her father and elder sister. Her mother passed away when Auritra was very young.
Auritra Ghosh follows Hinduism. She celebrates Durga Pooja in Delhi and Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai every year.
She made her Bollywood debut with the film ‘Love Breakups Zindagi’ (2011) in which she played the role of Gayatri.
In 2016, Auritra Ghosh starred in India’s first stoner film, ‘M Cream,’ a movie solely about a road trip.
Auritra Ghosh has also performed in two independent films, ‘Wingman’ and ‘Chitrakoot.’
Auritra Ghosh was part of an adaptation of the famous play ‘August: Osage County’ by the famous Indian theatre director Lillete Dubey. In 2017, Auritra choreographed and performed in the adaptation of the famous play ‘The Threepenny Opera’, a theatre initiative by the Aditya Birla Group. She is also known for her performance in ‘STAND UP: a serious play about comedy’ – an Akvarious Theatre Production, featuring various nuanced acts and performances.
She made her digital debut with ‘A.I.Sha My Virtual Girlfriend’ (2016). In an interview, she talked about the constantly evolving Sci-fi shows and said,
In 2016, Auritra Ghosh was part of the Y-films series ‘Ladies Room,’ a show about young girls growing up.
TV Movies & Commercials
Auritra Ghosh was cast for an MTV- TV film, Shadi Vadi and All That (2014).
In 2017, she appeared in an international series under ITV, ‘Good Karma Hospital,’ which was released in the UK. Some of the other famous artists in this series are Amanda Redman, James Floyd, and Shabana Azmi. Later, she appeared in a Sci-fi show, HolIycross (2019) on Sony LIV, which was all about the parallel universe.
Auritra Ghosh has appeared in TV commercials for various brands such as Hero, Nokia, Dabur, and Nestle.
- Food: Non-vegetarian, Thai food
- Auritra is a trained Kathak, jazz, ballet, modern, and contemporary dancer. She has performed and presented her craft in many countries including Dubai, Muscat, and Belgium. Verve
- Auritra Ghosh represented India in the International Dance Festival, held in Tilburg, Netherlands, in 2007.
- Auritra Ghosh loves travelling, and she often shares her travel experiences on social media.
- She is popularly known as the ‘Google ad girl’ for her impeccable performance in Google ads.
- Auritra Ghosh’s film ‘M Cream’ was screened at the Rhode Island International Film Festival and received the Grand Prize for Best Feature Film.
- In 2022, Auritra Ghosh was a full-time dance instructor and choreographer.
- Auritra Ghosh loves dogs, and she often shares pictures of her pet dog on social media.
- Auritra Ghosh drinks alcohol on various occasions.
- Auritra is the founder of Pause and Effect, a company launched in 2015 to promote performing arts and wellness events across the nation. Auritra Ghosh – LinkedIn