Kiara Advani is an Indian actress who has appeared in several Bollywood and Telugu movies. She is also famous for her roles in Netflix anthology “Lust Stories” and the film “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.”
Kiara Advani was born on 31 July 1992 (age 26, as in 2018) in Mumbai, India.
She did her schooling from the Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai and pursued her graduation from Jai Hind College for Mass Communication, Mumbai. Her Zodiac/Sun Sign is Leo. She was born as Alia Advani but changed her name to Kiara before her debut in Bollywood. She wanted to be an actor since she was 2. She was good at studies and scored 92% in Class 12. After graduation, she did short term acting courses with Anupam Kher and Roshan Taneja.
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 55 kg
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Figure Measurement: 33-26-33
Family, Caste & Husband
Kiara Advani belongs to the Sindhi Community. Kiara was born to a Sindhi Businessman Jagdish Advani and Genevieve Jaffrey, a teacher who has Scottish, Irish, Portuguese and Spanish origins.
She has a younger brother, Mishaal.
She is the great-granddaughter of the veteran Bollywood actor Late Ashok Kumar and grandniece of Late Sayeed Jaffrey, another veteran Bollywood actor.
She got her first acting break in Kabir Sadanand’s comedy-drama film “Fugly ” that came in the year 2014. Though the film got mixed reviews, she got positive reviews for her performance and was praised as a versatile actor.
She appeared in the biopic of the Indian Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” as her wife, Sakshi Dhoni. The film was a huge commercial success.
She played the lead role in Abbas Mustan’s film “Machine.” Kiara made her debut in Telugu Political Drama “Bharat Ane Nenu.” She cast opposite Ram Charan in Vinaya Vidheya Rama (a Telugu Film).
Kiara was also praised for her role in the Netflix anthology “Lust Stories.”
She is also known for her performances in the films- Kalank, Kabir, and Good News, etc.
- Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Best Find Of The Year for the movie Bharat Ane Nenu (2019)
- Asia Vision Award for Emerging Star of the Year (2019)
- Food: Dosa, Tacos, Seaweed Salad, Cupcakes, Sushi
- Fashion Designer: Manish Malhotra
- Actress: Grace Kelly, Sridevi
- Actors: Salman Khan
- Cricketers: Sachin Tendulkar, M.S. Dhoni
- Beverage: Coffee
- Cafe: Caffe Habitu, Hong Kong
- Hotel: The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- Book: ‘Not That Kind Of Girl’ by Lena Dunham
- Athlete: Usain Bolt
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: New York City
- She loves to watch American TV serials.
- Salman Khan was a childhood friend of Kiara’s mom, Genevieve Jaffrey, as they grew up together in Bandra.
- She is the niece of the model Shaheen Jaffrey, who is said to have dated Salman Khan in her 20s.
- Kiara’s mother and Juhi Chawla are close friends since their childhood.
- Since her childhood days, she was always passionate about acting. She even developed a good dressing sense at a very young age.
- Her father decided to let their children do what they were passionate about after watching the 2009 Bollywood film, 3 Idiots.
- Although she always travels in chauffeur-driven cars; to enjoy the life of a local, she once hopped into a local train. It was also the last train she ever took in her life.
- She and her brother would often fight in childhood. Her mother had to bribe them both so that they do not fight.
- She was miss attention seeker from her childhood. She never even wanted the camera off her face, when her mother used to take photographs of them.
- She changed her name from ‘Alia to Kiara,’ when she made her Bollywood debut in 2014. Talking about her change of her name, she says-
Aaliya is my first name. Salman Khan suggested me to change it because of Alia Bhatt because there can’t be two actresses with the same name in Bollywood. He suggested the change, but Kiara is the name that I chose. Now even my parents have started to call me Kiara.”
Adding, as to how she changed it, she says,
Kiara’ was choosen by me. We were brainstorming with lots of names and I remembered watching Anjaana Anjaani, and the way Priyanka Chopra introduces her character: ‘Hi, I am Kiara.’ I loved the way she said it. I had loved it so much that I thought if I ever have a daughter, I would name her Kiara. So when I wanted a name, I used it for myself.”
- People often assume that she might have got an easy entry in Bollywood, owing to her family relation with Salman Khan. Kiara says,
It was not easy. My mother told me that I must work hard; if I sit at home, no one will come home to say they have a script for me.”
- She is a fitness freak and goes to the gym regularly.
- Her favorite daily wear attire is Athleisure.
- Her first TV appearance was when she was 1 or 2 years old, she did an advertisement for “Wipro Baby Soft” with her mother.
Found this gem! My first ever advertisement with my mommy! Love you mumma, I am, because of you ❤️ #HappyMothersDay ❤️
Kiara Advani ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಭಾನುವಾರ, ಮೇ 8, 2016
- In 2014, she was voted as one of the ‘Most Desirable Women Of The Year.’
- In an interview, Kiara revealed that she had a huge crush on the Hollywood actor, Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Kiara is a bike fanatic.
- She was highly praised for her characterisation of an innocent girl in the 2019 Bollywood film “Kabir Singh.”
- Kiara credits Karan Johar for her success in Bollywood. Talking about him, she says,
He is special in my life because he saw it in me before everybody else did.”
- Kiara is a childhood friend of Isha Ambani.
- She hates Eggs.