Sidharth was born on 16 January 1985 (aged 33; as in 2018) in Delhi, India. Since childhood, he participated in many drama shows. He studied at Delhi’s Don Bosco School and Birla Vidya Niketan and completed his B.Com from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi.
At the age of 16, he started his career with a role of Jaichand (brother of younger version of Prithviraj Chauhan) in the TV serial Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan. After this show, he tried his luck in modeling but failed. It was only after much struggle that he became a well-known face in the modeling world. He has even worked in renowned International Designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaigns; following which he was signed for many popular magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health. Although he was a successful model, he quit modeling only because he was not contented with the profession. Soon after, he auditioned for a film to be directed by Anubhav Sinha and was selected. However, due to unknown reasons, the movie was suspended.
During the initial phase of his acting career, he even worked as a clapper in Shahrukh Khan starrer Ra One. Before getting a big break, he worked as an Assistant Director for the movies like My Name is Khan and Dostana.
This fitness enthusiast measures 42’ from the chest, 30’ from the waist, and 16’ from biceps. He weighs 80 kg and is 6’ 1’’ tall. The actor has brown eyes.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Sidharth was born in Delhi to a Punjabi family. His father, Sunil Malhotra, was a captain in the Merchant Navy, and his mother, Rimma Malhotra, is a homemaker. He has one sibling, Harshad Malhotra, who is a banker.
He was going out with Alia Bhatt for quite a long time.
Sidharth’s curiosity for acting and sports made him more indulged in this line of fame at an early age; beginning with acting in a Television serial. By the time he was 18, he was very successful in modelling; which continued for four years, after which he quit the field of modelling. Famous fashion designer Manish Malhotra lent him a helping hand when he was striving in the industry.
In 2012, he entered Bollywood with his debut film “Student of the Year (SOTY)” which was a commercial success.
In 2014, he was seen in Ek Villian in which he worked with Riteish Deshmukh and Shraddha Kapoor. This movie turned out to be a commercial blockbuster by entering 100 crore club. In 2016, he appeared in a family-drama “Kapoor & Sons” and worked alongside Rishi Kapoor, Fawad Khan and Alia Bhatt.
In 2019, he appeared in the movie ‘Marjaavan.’
- It happened on a talk show when Sidharth commented on his wish to take Madhuri Dixit to bed.
- He sued two of his fans for ₹10 Crores who had opened a fan club website of Sidharth and were selling merchandise and t-shirts in his name.
- He won the Stardust Award for Most Promising Debut Male and South Africa India Film and Television Award for Debut Actor of the Year—Male for Student of the Year in 2013.
- He bagged the Big Star Entertainment Award for Entertainer of the Year for Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film – Male for Hasee Toh Phasee.
- He likes jalebi, sushi, biryani, and chicken roll munch.
- His love for hot chocolate is way too much.
- Out of all the sports, he loves watching and playing Rugby.
- Goa and New York are his favorite places to be in the world.
- He is a great admirer of the Hollywood actors George Clooney and Johnny Depp.
- His most-liked Bollywood movies are Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.
- His best-loved Hollywood movies are Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Ring series and Good Will Hunting.
- He would love to work with Imtiaz Ali, Rajkumar Hirani and Zoya Akhtar.
- He likes Black and White colours the most.
- He gravitates towards fragrance like Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch.
He owns a Mercedes Benz ML Class ML 250.
He charges approximately ₹3-5 Crore/film.
His net worth is approximately ₹67 Crore ($10 Million).
- He had a great inclination towards sports since childhood and has played Rugby for a club in Delhi.
View this post on Instagram
Excited to see the Webb Ellis Cup in India ahead of #RugbyWorldCup2019. Was great spending the evening with the kids and Gautam Dagar-Team India’s current captain and my old team mate talking on how the sport has progressed over the years #RugbyIndia #RugbyWorldCup @worldrugby @delhihurricane
- He participated and stood second in the Gladrags Mega Model Competition held in 2007.
- During the shoot of the film Student of the Year, he was dating a South African girl.
- Salman Khan gifted Sidharth a watch, as a token of appreciation, for the role in Ek Villian.
- He had to put on 10 kg for his role in Brothers.
- He finds non-vegetarian food quite tempting.
- Sidharth was a huge fan of the Shahrukh’s hairdo in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge that he adorned the same hairstyle when he was a teenager.
- He likes to work out and draw cartoons in his leisure time.
- He is a dog lover and owns a pet boxer. He even campaigns for the animal welfare NGO “PETA.”