Kajol is a popular Indian actress who mainly appears in Bollywood films. She is most popularly known for her role of Simran Singh in the film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995). Check out Kajol Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Kajol was born as Kajol Mukherjee on 5 August 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her friends call her with the name Kads. When she was very young, her parents got separated, and she was grown up by her maternal grandmother. Since childhood, she took an interest in dancing and acting. At the age of only sixteen, she started her career in acting and even dropped out of the school to work as a full-time actress. She achieved lots of success at a very young age. Kajol and her aunt Nutan Bahl holds the record of winning the maximum (5) Best Actress awards. In 2011, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
Kajol is approximately 5’ 3’’ tall and weighs around 58 kg. Her natural, as well as beautiful hazel eyes and cheekbones, easily attract anyone. Her figure measurement is 34-28-36. She has black hair.
Family, Caste & Husband
She hails from a filmy background as her late father Shomu Mukherjee was a film director and producer, and her mother Tanuja Samarth is an actress. Her father was Bengali while her mother is Maharashtrian. Her father was died in 2008 due to cardiac arrest. She has a younger sister, Tanisha Mukerji who is also an actress. She is the cousin of Rani Mukerji, Sharbani Mukherjee, Mohnish Behl, and Ayan Mukerji. She is Hindu by religion.
She was in a relationship with Karthik for a few years. On 24 February 1999, she got married to actor Ajay Devgn after few years of in a relationship. They first met in Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra on the set of the film Gundaraj (1995). The couple has a daughter Nysa and a son Yug.
She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra, India. During her school days, she used to participate in dance competitions and many other extra-curricular activities. She dropped out of schooling to pursue her acting career. She made her acting debut in 1992 by playing the lead role of Radhika in the Bollywood film Bekhudi. After that, she did numerous hit films like Baazigar (1993), Karan Arjun (1995), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), My Name Is Khan (2010), Dilwale (2015), etc. Apart from Bollywood, she acted in some Tamil films like Minsara Kanavu (1997) and Velaiilla Pattadhari 2 (2017). She also acted in an animated film Toonpur Ka Super Hero (2010) as Priya Shruti Verma.
In 2008, she judged the dance and singing competition show, Rock-N-Roll Family that aired on Zee TV.
Her 25-year-old friendship with Karan Johar ended in 2016, allegedly because her husband Ajay’s Shivaay and Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil clashed on the same day. The difference arose to such an extent that Karan also said that, “I don’t have a relationship with Kajol anymore. We’ve had a fallout. Something happened that disturbed me deeply which I will not talk about because it’s something that I like to protect and feel it would not be fair to her or to me. After two and a half decades, Kajol and I don’t talk at all. We just acknowledge each other, say ‘hello’ and walk past.” However, Kajol showed the first gesture of reconciliation when she liked a post of Karan’s twins Yash and Roohi. Later, she also invited him to a party, where they patched up.
- In 2000, she launched an online portal with the name, Cineexplore for the Ajay Devgn’s production company, Devgn Entertainment and Software Ltd. Apart from producing films, the company makes software for TV and music videos.
- In 2006, miniature dolls of Kajol, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and Priyanka Chopra, were launched under the name of Bollywood Legends in the U.K.
- She is also a social activist. In 2008, she received the Karmaveer Puraskaar for her social work with children and widows.
- The superhit film Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) of her maintains the record of reaching more than thousand consecutive weeks screening in a single cinema, Maratha Mandir, Mumbai.
- She is not conscious about fashion and likes to wear decent outfits. Moreover, she likes online shopping and is not much brand conscious.
- She cannot cook at all.
- She is a very sociable person who enjoys the company of woman older than her.
- She appeared on the cover of various popular magazines like Elle, Vogue, etc.
- In 2010, Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan became the first Indian actors to be invited by NASDAQ for opening the American stock exchange.
- She has two home addresses, one is 5/6, Sheetal Apartments, Ground Floor, Opposite Chandan Cinema, Juhu, Mumbai and the other is 45/D, Malgari Road, Mumbai.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgn are her all-time favourite actors, and Sridevi is her all-time favourite actress.
- Aditya Chopra is her all-time favourite director.
- She likes to read during her free time, and her favourite book is Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person by Hugh Prather.
- Her favourite colour is White.
- She loves to spend her holidays in Europe.
- Her favourite foods are Pizza, French Fries, and Spaghetti Salad with Olives.
- If she is not in the field of acting, she would have been a psychiatrist.
- She has a Mercedes-Benz SUV car.
- She gets paid around nine to twelve crore per film and her net worth is around $16 million.