Aditya Paresh Rawal, an Indian Actor, and Screenwriter is the son of Paresh Rawal. He made his debut as a screenwriter with the play, The Queen, staged at Broadway in the US.
Aditya Rawal was born on Tuesday, 28 September 1993 (age 27; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He was educated at Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and enrolled in H. R. College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai for a Bachelors in Arts degree. He pursued a 6-month course in Devised Theatre at London International School of Performing Arts (LISPA), England, and, later, graduated in Dramatic Writing MFA Program from NYU Tisch School of the Arts, New York.
When Aditya was in 2nd standard, he actively participated in sports and was a goalkeeper at his school. Later, in 2009, he joined a Mumbai-based football club, ‘Kenkre Football Club.’ He was the Mumbai University captain at the Kenkre Football Club.
Height: 6′ 0”
Eye Colour: Dark brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Girlfriend & Caste
Aditya Rawal is born into a Hindu Brahmin Family to Paresh Rawal and Swaroop Sampat. His father, Paresh Rawal, is a famous actor, comedian and also a Member of the Parliament in the Lok Sabha associated with BJP. His mother, Swaroop Sampat, is Miss India 1979 and also a Bollywood actress.
He has an elder brother, Anirudha Rawal.
After his graduation, Aditya wrote a historical play, The Queen, which was produced by the ‘Theatre for the New City’ in New York. He also wrote a short Chinese film, The Mailbox, which became a semi-finalist at the NBCU Short Film Festival. Thereafter, he wrote screenplays for various directors in India and the US. His short films have been displayed at various festival across the world.
Aditya has co-authored two storybooks on Child Rights. He was the producer and director of a documentary film named, Drama-in-Education: Taking Gandhi Out of the Textbook. He was also an assistant director of the play, Kishan vs Kanhaiya, which is a compilation of the movie, OMG – Oh My God!
In 2012, Aditya made his debut with the Bollywood movie, Ferrari Ki Sawaari, which starred Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani. He played the role of a young Gujarati boy in Vikram Kapadia’s ‘Bombay Talkies.’ In 2019, Aditya was selected to play the lead in Anurag Kashyap’s movie, ‘Baamfaad’ opposite actress, Shalini Pandey.
- Playwrights: Rabindranath Tagore, William Shakespeare
- Sports: Football, Cricket
- Football Club: Juventus FC
- Footballers: Gianluigi Buffon, Wayne Rooney
- Playwright Inspirations: Mahabharata and William Shakespeare’s Richard III
- Movies: Khel and Tamanna
- Hobbies: Writing and Travelling
Net Worth & Assets
As in 2014, Aditya’s net worth was estimated to be ₹80 crore. He resides at Subhadra, 4th Floor, 6th Road, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai – 400049.
- While Aditya was a part of an Under-17 Indian camp in Margao, no one, including the coaches were aware of his celebrity background.
- He was trained in Cricket by Chandrakant Pandit and Mohinder Amarnath.
- In November 2017, Aditya won the ‘New York Innovative Theatre Award‘ for the outstanding script of his play, The Queen.
- Despite coming from a family with a filmy background, Aditya wanted to become a sportsperson rather than an actor.
- He has done workshops on playwriting in London and New York.