Sunny Leone is a famous Indo-Canadian actress who appeared in numerous Indian and American films. She is also a former porn star in the USA. She was the part of the controversial reality show Bigg Boss Season 5 in 2011 as a contestant who gave her massive fame in Indian entertainment industry. Check out Sunny Leone Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Sunny Leone was born as Karenjit Kaur Vohra on 13 May 1981 in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. Her hometown is in Southern California, USA. During her school days, she was very athletic and used to play street hockey with the boys. When she was just 11 years old, she had her first kiss, and when Sunny was 16, she lost her virginity with a basketball player. At the age of 18, she first felt that she is bisexual. After schooling, she decided to become a nurse and studied in the same field but later, she chose acting as her career. She initially used to work in the porn industry which she left in 2013 and then started working in Indian film industry.
She is known for her stunning looks and is approximately 5’ 4’’ tall and weighs around 60 kg. She has brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Husband
Sunny Leone was born to a Punjabi Sikh family. Her father died due to cancer, and her mother also died in 2008. She has a brother Sundeep Vohra.
She had an affair with several American pornstars like Lexi Marie, Jezebelle Bond, Avena Lee, Lux Kassidy, Daisy Marie, Lacie Heart, Courtney Simpson, and Brea Lynn. She was once in a relationship with Matt Erikson who was engaged to the vice-president of marketing at Playboy, but their relationship ended in 2008. She had also been dating stand-up comedian Russell Peters and guitarist Dave Navarro.
On 20 January 2011, Sunny Leone got married to actor, guitarist & business manager, Daniel Weber after few years of in a relationship. In 2017, they adopted a baby girl, Nisha Kaur Weber. The couple also has two sons Asher Singh Weber and Noah Singh Weber who were born in 2018 through surrogacy.
She did her schooling at Catholic School and then studied Pediatric Nursing. After completing studies, she used to work at a German bakery, a Jiffy Lube, and then at a tax & retirement firm. In 2001, she appeared in the Penthouse magazine for which she was named Penthouse Pet of the Month. In the same year, Sunny got chance to play the role of a dancer in the lead single, Livin’ It Up by American Rapper Ja Rule. After that, she appeared in numerous magazines like Hustler, Mystique, Swank, Cheri, High Society, Leg World, Lowrider, Club International, AVN Online, etc.
In 2002, she did her first pornographic film Penthouse Video: Virtual Harem, in which she played the role of Sunny. In 2004, she made her Hollywood debut with the film The Girl Next Door. Her last pornographic film is Charlie’s Girl: Georgia Jones (2013). In 2016, Sunny featured in a Canadian documentary biography of her, Mostly Sunny.
In 2008, Sunny Leone participated in the UK-based reality TV show, My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business that aired on Fox Reality Channel. In 2011, she took part in the fifth season of the controversial reality TV show Bigg Boss, in which she entered as a wild card and got evicted on day 91.
After achieving lots of fame from the Bigg Boss show, she started getting offers from the Bollywood industry. She then made her Bollywood debut in 2012 with the film Jism 2 as Izna. She also worked in other languages like Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, and Bengali.
In 2014, Sunny hosted the MTV India’s TV show, Haunted Weekends with Sunny Leone. She also hosted the four seasons of MTV Splitsvilla Season 7, 8, 9, and 10, that aired on MTV India.
In 2016, she participated in the sports reality entertainment show, Box Cricket League Season 2 and was the player of the Chennai Swaggers.
- The famous comedian Kapil Sharma once refused to have Sunny Leone on his show The Kapil Sharma Show due to her past as an adult star, and his TV show has the maximum family audience. Later, she came with producer Ekta Kapoor to the show for promoting the film Ragini MMS 2 (2014).
- There was another controversy created when she had a kiss scene with another female star Sandhya Mridul in the film Ragini MMS 2 (2014) as religious group activists started a campaign against her.
- In 2016, a complaint was registered against Sunny Leone to sing the national anthem incorrectly at a sports event.
- The Karnataka Rakshana Vedike Yuva Sene activists protested against her performance in Bengaluru on the eve of New Year where she was supposed to perform. They even threatened to commit suicide if she give her performance. After that, she didn’t come because of safety reasons and she tweeted on her twitter account – ‘’Since the police of Bangalore have publicly said that they will not be able to ensure mine & all who attend safety for my New Years event, my team & I feel, safety of the people should always come first, therefore, I cannot attend. God bless & I wish everyone a safe & happy New Year!’’
- On 22 December 2021, music label Saregama released a song titled ‘madhuban mein Radhika naache;’ the song featuring Sunny Leone became controversial on the pretext of hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus. On 26 December 2021, Sunny Leone and the makers of the song were warned by Madhya Pradesh home minister Narottam Mishra that he will take legal action against them if they will not take down the song in three days. Mishra said,
Some people continuously hurt Hindu sentiments… there are temples for Radha… we pray to her. Saqib Toshi (the music composer) can make songs concerning his religion, but such songs offend us. I will take legal advice and action will be taken if the video is not taken down in three days.”
- In January 2022, the actress talked about an interview that she gave in 2016 with Bhupendra Chaubey; the interview went viral, and according to Sunny, she felt uncomfortable when the journalist tried to dig into her past work and nobody, who were present in the room, tried to stop it. Following her revelation, many actors from the industry supported the actress while terming the questions asked by the journalist misogynistic and highly offensive. Koimoi
- Sunny Leone has been the part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Half-Marathon activism campaign for raising money for the American Cancer Society.
- Johnny Depp and Aamir Khan are her favourite actors and Marilyn Monro, Anushka Sharma, and Madhuri Dixit are her favourite actresses.
- Her favourite Hollywood film is The Goonies (1985), and her favourite Bollywood film is Dil (1990).
- Sunny is a non-vegetarian, and her favourite dishes are Lasagne, Parathas, and Steamed lime fish with sliced chillies.
- She drinks alcohol.
- She likes to listen to the music of Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Justin Bieber. Some of her favourite songs are Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift and Sorry by Justin Bieber.
- Red is her all-time favourite colour.
- Sunny Leone is a fashion freak, and her favourite fashion designer is Alexander McQueen.
- She loves travelling, and her favourite places are Los Angeles and Florence.
- She has Audi A5, BMW 7 Series, and Maserati Quattroporte cars.
- Sunny gets paid 5 to 6 crore per film, and her net worth is $3 million.
- In July 2021, she shared a glimpse of her new house on social media that she bought in Mumbai. Reportedly, she bought the property under a project named Atlantis by a Tier-2 builder Crystal Group. Amitabh Bachchan and filmmaker Anand L. Rai have also bought properties from the same group.