Anushka Sharma is an Indian veteran film actress. Starting her career as a model, she has established herself as one of the most prominent Bollywood actresses. Apart from being a film actress, she is also a good housewife. Born in Ayodhya and raised in Bangalore, Anushka is truly cosmopolitan in nature. Apart from being a recipient of many awards, Anushka is also known for her straightforwardness and outgoing personality. Check out Anushka Sharma Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriends, Husband, Family, Salary, Net Worth, and some interesting facts about her.
Anushka Sharma was born in a Brahmin family on 1 May 1988 in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India. However, she was raised in Bangalore and completed her schooling at Army School. She completed her bachelor’s and master’s degree program at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru. Her father is a native of Uttar Pradesh, while her mother belongs to the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. After her higher education, Anushka moved to Mumbai to make her career in Modelling. She got enrolled at the Elite Model Management and style consultant Prasad Bidapa trained her.
She is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and has about 55 kg in weight. Her eye colour is hazel brown and hair colour is black. Her figure measurements are approx. 34-26-34.
Parents & Siblings
Anushka was born to Army Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma and homemaker mother Ashima Sharma. His elder brother, Karnesh Sharma is a film producer and earlier he has served in Merchant Navy. In an interview, Anushka Sharma said, “I take pride in saying that I am an army officer’s daughter even more than being an actor.”
Relationships, Husband & Children
During a commercial of shampoo, she met Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli in 2013 and hit it off. They dated each other until their marriage in Italy on 11 December 2017.
On Monday, 11 January 2021, Anushka and Virat took to Twitter to announce that they had been blessed with a baby girl. Later, they named her “Vamika.”
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) January 11, 2021
Anushka made her modelling debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks’s Les Vamps Show. Since then, she has campaigned for brands like Silk & Shine, Whisper, Nathella Jewelry, and Fiat Palio.
She made her acting debut in Aditya Chopra’s romantic drama Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in 2008 with co-actor Shahrukh Khan. Thereafter, she has done many movies like Badmaash Company, Band Baaja Baaraat, Patiala House, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, PK, etc.
Reportedly, in 2014, she was pursuing her Master’s Degree Program in Economics through correspondence.
- She came to Mumbai with her boyfriend called Zoheb Yusuf, who was also trying to get opportunities as a model. Due to a lack of offers, he could not make a good career and returned to his native place, after which they lost their relationship due to the long distance between them.
- During the shooting of Band Baaja Baaraat, she met actor Ranveer Singh in 2010. They dated together for some years before breaking up in 2013.
- While paying her homage to former President of India, Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter, she misspelt his name as “ABJ Kalam Azad”. As a result, she was criticized on Twitter and she deleted that tweet and posted another one, which was again wrong as she wrote “APJ Kalam Azad”. At the third attempt, she finally tweeted it correctly i.e. “Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.”
- There was a rift in her relationship with Virat Kohli for a while in early 2016. Reportedly, Kohli invested a good amount of money in Anushka’s film Bombay Velvet, which unfortunately failed at the box office and, when Kohli asked about the money loss to Anushka, she got upset. Kohli even unfollowed her on Twitter and Instagram, but after a few months, they got back together.
As of 2018, Anushka Sharma charges ₹8-9 crore per movie. Her net worth is about $9 million.
She loves to wear luxury watches, and one of her favourite ones is Audemars Piguet Royal Oak (priced at Rs 38 lakhs).
- Anushka turned vegetarian in 2015. She was named as the “hottest vegetarian of 2015” by PETA.
- She drinks alcohol.
- She practices meditation regularly.
- Anushka is afraid of Lizards.
- Anushka and her family is an ardent follower of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar. Maharaj Anant Baba is their spiritual guru.
- In 2014, Anushka underwent a facial plastic surgery that changed his facial appearance a bit.
- In 2015, she was among The Huffington Post‘s list of “100 most influential women on Twitter.”
- She auctioned off her leather jacket, which she wore in the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, on eBay in December 2014 to help raise funds for the flood-ravaged states like Kashmir and Assam.
- She is a huge animal lover. She always takes care of street animals and birds.
- In September 2022, Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma jointly bought an eight-acre land at Alibaug in South Mumbai. Reportedly, the property was valued at around Rs 19 crores at the time of its purchase. Business Today
- In December 2022, the athleisure brand Puma announced Anushka Sharma as their brand ambassador. Earlier, she accused the brand of using her pictures without her consent. A few social media users later called it a gimmick used by the brand to generate buzz. Hindustan Times
Virat kohli is 5.9 and she also 5.9 then why virat looks 1.5inch tall from her