Mannara Chopra is an Indian actor who works in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada films. She is known for her work in the film ‘Zid’ (2014).
She attended Summer Fields School in New Delhi following which she pursued a Bachelor of Business Administration. According to her mother, Mannara’s father initially wished for her to pursue a career in law; however, upon recognizing Mannara’s passion for fashion, her mother arranged her admission to a fashion design course at an academy in New Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Mannara has a younger sister named Mitali Handa, who is an entrepreneur, jewellery designer, and fashion stylist.
Husband & Children
Mannara Chopra is unmarried and has no children.
Mannara Chopra started her career as a model after completing her formal studies. She soon started appearing in television commercials for renowned brands such as Dulux, Parle, and Suzuki Motor Corporation. Mannara has walked the ramp as a showstopper at many fashion weeks and events including ‘Asian Designer Week’ (2016) and ‘India Runway Week’ (2018).
Mannara Chopra made her debut in Bollywood with a thriller film titled ‘Zid’ in 2014. In the film, she appeared as Maya.
In the same year, she debuted in the Telugu film industry with the film ‘Prema Geema Jantha Nai’ in which she played the role of ‘Kaveri.’
She made her debut in the Tamil film industry with the film ‘Sandamarutham’ (2015). She made a special appearance in the film. In the same year, she appeared in an action film titled ‘Kaaval.’
Mannara debuted in the Kannada film industry with an action thriller film titled ‘Rogue’ in 2017. She played the role of Anjali in the film.
Mannara Chopra made her digital debut with the short film ‘Haale Dil on Broken Notes’ (2021) in which she played the role of ‘Niharika.’
Mannara appeared as a contestant in the reality show ‘Bigg Boss 17’ in 2023. The show aired on Colors TV.
- 2015: Best Female Debut award at the Lions Gold Awards for the film ‘Zid’
- 2017: Special Jury Award for Best Actress at the 15th Santosham Film Awards for the film ‘Thikka’
- 2018: Special Jury Award for Best Actress at the 16th Santosham Film Awards for the film ‘Rogue’
- 2022: India Influencer Iconic Award at Mid-Day India International Influencer Awards
- Mannara Chopra has loved singing since childhood. She was a vocalist in her school band when she was in sixth grade. In 2023, she sang her first cover song titled ‘Zara Zara Behekta Hai.’
- Mannara is a trained Kathak dancer. She is trained in other dance forms including hip-hop, belly dance, and Bollywood dance.
- She worked as a fashion designer and an assistant choreographer before working in films.
- In 2014, Mannara appeared in the theme song ‘Bas Bajna Chahiye’ for Gaana, a music-streaming app.
- Mannara Chopra has appeared in some music videos as well including ‘Na Hona Tumse Door’ (2021) and ‘Hum Reh Gaye Akele’ (2022).
- She consumes alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- Mannara is a fitness enthusiast. She often shares her workout regimen on social media. She practices various fitness activities including yoga. According to her, she learnt yoga from her sister, Mitali Chopra. As per some sources, her favourite yoga asana is Surya Namaskar, and she prefers consuming home-cooked food.
- In 2023, a video of Mannara Chopra went viral online. The video captured A. S. Ravi Kumar Chowdary, a director, kissing Mannara on her cheeks during a promotional event for the film ‘Thiragabadara Saami.’ The video sparked criticism, with many users expressing discomfort over Kumar’s behaviour, believing Mannara was uneasy after the incident. Mannara, on the other hand, later talked about this in an interview and said that Kumar might have kissed her in excitement. Outlook Mannara said,
Whatever news is getting viral, I think the director loved my work in the film. They keep calling me even when we are not shooting. I think he just got overexcited. I was taken by surprise by the way the video picked up.”
— MrDeepak (@X_MrDeepak) September 5, 2023