Parineeti Chopra is an Indian actress. She came into limelight by playing the role of “Zoya” in the film “Ishaqzaade.”
Parineeti Chopra was born on 22 October 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in Ambala, Haryana, India. She attended Convent of Jesus and Mary, Ambala and went to Manchester Business School, Manchester, England for further studies. Parineeti obtained a triple honours degree in Business, Finance and Economics. Chopra was a studious child and always bagged one of the top three positions in her class. She secured the AIR #1 in SSC exams and was awarded by Prathiba Patil, the then President of India. Parineeti always aspired to be an Investment Banker.
In 2009, during the economic recession of the UK, she was unable to find a job in London and hence returned to India. Chopra joined Yash Raj Films as a public relations consultant. While she was working for the promotions of Band Baaja Baaraat, it was then that she decided to become an actress. She resigned from her executive position to attend an acting school.
Parineeti has also received training in singing and has done B.A. Honours in Music.
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 58 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-28-35
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Parineeti belongs to a Hindu Family. Her father, Pawan Chopra, is a businessman and her mother is Reena Chopra. She has two brothers, Shivang Chopra and Sahaj Chopra.
Parineeti Chopra is the cousin of actresses Priyanka Chopra, Meera Chopra, and Barbie Handa.
Parineeti was rumoured to be in a relationship with director Maneesh Sharma.
Parineeti is allegedly dating Charit Desai, who worked as an assistant director in Agneepath.
Parineeti made her acting debut in 2011 with the Bollywood film “Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.” Although she played a supporting role in the film, her performance was critically acclaimed and earned her a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Next, she starred in “Ishaqzaade” opposite Arjun Kapoor. Parineeti played the role of a tomboy Muslim girl who marries a Hindu boy.
Subsequently, she appeared in films like “Shuddh Desi Romance” (2013), “Hasee Toh Phasee” (2014) and “Daawat-e-Ishq” (2014).
In 2017, she featured in the romantic drama “Meri Pyaari Bindu” alongside Ayushmann Khurrana. Chopra also, made her singing debut in the film by singing “Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin.”
- In 2016, Rishi Kapoor took a dig at Parineeti when she was awarded for losing huge weight. Kapoor said “I couldn’t believe it when they recently gave an award to Parineeti for losing weight. Can someone please give me an award for gaining weight?”
- Parineeti faced body-shaming for her weight before she appeared in films and also when she gained weight during her initial days in Bollywood. She reduced a lot of weight as an answer to the shamers. But, she published a video featuring Alia Bhatt, where Parineeti was seen giving advice to her friend to ‘eat less, become thin’ while giving birthday wishes to the actress. After which, people on twitter called her ‘fake,’ ‘obnoxious,’ and ‘obsessed with body image.’
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl (2011)
- Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut for the film Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl (2012)
- National Film Award Special Mention for Ishaqzaade (2012)
- Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow for the film Ishaqzaade (2013)
- Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film for Hasee Toh Phasee (2014)
- Star Dust Award for Style Icon of The Year (2015)
Parineeti owns an Audi A6 and a Jaguar XJL.
Parineeti’s net worth is estimated to be $7 million. She gets paid ₹2-4 crore per film.
- Food: Rajma-Chawal, Kadhai Chicken, Pizza, Margarita
- Actor: Saif Ali Khan
- Actress: Rani Mukerji
- Films: Pakeezah, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Barfi
- Musicians: Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, A.R. Rahman, Amit Trivedi, Beyonce
- Songs: Just a Dream by Nelly, Hey Baby Pitbull, T-Pain, Loca by Shakira, Who’s that
- Perfumes: Narciso Rodriguez, 212 VIP, Acqua Di Gio
- Restaurants: Ping Pong, Mangi Ferra, Indigo in Mumbai
- Destination: Goa, London
- Her hobbies include dancing, singing, meditation, reading, swimming and workout.
- She resides at a sea-facing flat in Bandra, Mumbai.
- Parineeti is a tea lover.
- Chopra hates cooking.
- Parineeti never leaves her home without a face-wash, perfume, lip balm and cell phone charger.
- Parineeti reduced around 25 kgs of weight after signing a 3-film contract with Yash Raj Films. The actress earlier weighed 86 kg.
- Parineeti is crazy about lip glosses and lip balms.
- Parineeti is a huge gadget lover.
- Chopra has a phobia of plane-landing.
- Parineeti prefers wearing good clothes irrespective of the fact that they are branded or not.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Tisha and Pari.
- Parineeti has been the Personal Assistant of Rani Mukerji for one day and she considers it as one of the best days of her life.
- It was Rani Mukerji who advised Chopra to become an actress.
- Surprisingly, she has also worked as a team leader for the football club Manchester United for the catering during the matches.