Sulbha Arya is a veteran Hindi and Marathi television and stage actress who is best known for her roles in the movies Hera Pheri (2000) and Kal Ho Na Ho (2003).
Sulbha Arya was born on 15 July 1950 (age 68 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her Zodiac sign is Cancer.
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Grey
Family, Caste & Husband
Sulbha was born into a Marathi Family and married to a Muslim cinematographer, Late Ishan Arya.
She has two sons Sameer Arya, who is also a cinematographer and Sagar Arya, who is an actor and is married to Anwesha Bhattacharya, an actress.
She is the sister-in-law of Shabana Azmi.
She started her acting career in Theatres and making her debut from a sitcom that aired on Doordarshan named ” Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi.”
She has played roles in various TV serials namely Yes Boss(1984), Hip-Hip Hurray ( 1999), Main Maike Chali Jaungi (2018), Sasural Genda Phool (2010), Begusarai (2015) and many more. She is famous for her role as Kanta Ben in 2003 dramedy film “Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003).” She was last seen in the movie “Simmba (2018).”
Screen Award for Best Comedian, in the year 1997 for the film Masoom.
- Musician: Jagjit Singh
- Film Genre: Comedy
- Sulbha is president of Mumbai Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA).
- Sulbha Arya has taught Logic and Psychology for over 20 to 25 years in MVLU College, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Sulbha got married to Ishan Arya in Arya Samaj Temple.
- She has also worked in many other popular films including Halla Bol (2008) and Chamku (2008).
- Sulbha Arya and Farooque Shaikh were best friends. Whenever they would be together in any of the filming projects, they would throw insulting words at each other. She even once said in an interview with TOI that she thinks Farooque Shaikh was her second husband.
- Shabana Azmi once said in an interview that she had based her “Chalk N Duster” role of a teacher over her beloved bhabhi Sulbha Arya’s character.
- She has a unique bond with Umang Jain, who played the granddaughter of Sulbha in “Khatmal-E-Ishque. Umang once said that she wants to be as elegant and graceful as Sulbha.