Sulbha Arya is a veteran Hindi and Marathi television and stage actress who is best known for her roles in the movies Hera Pheri (2000) and Kal Ho Na Ho (2003).
Sulbha Arya was born in the year July 15 1950 (age 68; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her Zodiac/Sun sign is Cancer.
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Grey
Family, Caste & Husband
Sulbha was born into a Marathi family and married to a Muslim cinematographer Late Ishan Arya.
She has two sons Sameer Arya, who is also a cinematographer and Sagar Arya, who is an actor
and is married to Anwesha Bhattacharya, an actress.
She is the sister-in-law of Shabana Azmi.
She started her acting career in Theatres and making her debut from a sitcom that aired on Doordarshan named ” Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi.”
She has played roles in various TV serials namely Yes Boss(1984), Hip-Hip Hurray ( 1999), Main Maike Chali Jaungi (2018), Sasural Genda Phool (2010), Begusarai (2015) and many more. She is famous for her role as Kanta Ben in 2003 dramedy film Kal Ho Naa Ho. She was last seen in the movie “Simmba(2018).”
Screen Award for Best Comedian, in the year 1997 for the film Masoom.
- Musician: Jagjit Singh
- Film Genre: Comedy
- Sulbha is president of Mumbai Indian People’s Theatre Association(IPTA).
- Sulbha Arya has taught Logic and Psychology for over 20 to 25 years in MVLU College, Andheri, Mumbai.
- Sulbha got married to Ishan Arya in Arya Samaj Temple.
- Her previous movies that hit the theatre was Halla Bol (2008) and Chamku (2008).
- Sulbha loves children.
- Sulbha Arya and Farooque Shaikh were best of friends. Whenever they would be together in any of the filming projects, they would throw insulting words at each other. She even once said in an interview with TOI that she thinks Farooque Shaikh was her second husband.
- Shabana Azmi once said in an interview that she had based her “Chalk N Duster” role of a teacher over her beloved bhabhi Sulbha Arya’s character.
- Sulbha, who has worked in several comedy films and daily Soaps says that means of comedy was changing. She says that comedy that is done now is not bad but if “Lakshman Rekha” is crossed just to make the audience laugh; that should not happen.
- She has a unique bond with Umang Jain, played granddaughter of Sulbha in “Khatmal-E-Ishque. She once said that Sulbha was caring and supportive and she wants to be as elegant and graceful as Sulbha is when she grows old.