Ankita Lokhande is an Indian actress. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Archana Manav Deshmukh‘ in the TV serial, “Pavitra Rishta” (2009).
Ankita Lokhande was born as Tanuja Lokhande on Wednesday, 19 December 1984 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Indore. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
She did her schooling and graduation from Indore. Ankita was inclined towards acting from a very young age. While in college, she used to perform at the Ganpati Utsav and Navratri festivals. After completing her graduation, Ankita got herself enrolled in Indore’s Frankfinn Institute to receive training for becoming an air hostess. Meanwhile, she gave auditions for the talent hunt show, “Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj” and got selected. Although Ankita didn’t the show, she received the title of ‘Best Dancer’ in the show. Thereafter, she started modelling and did many print shoots.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Ankita Lokhande belongs to a Maharashtrian Hindu Family
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Shashikant Lokhande was a banker. He passed away on 12 August 2023. Her mother, Vandana Pandis Lokhande is a teacher. She has a younger brother, Sooraj Lokhande, and a younger sister, Jyoti Lokhande.
On 14 December 2021, she got married to her fiance Vicky Jain.
Ankita was in a relationship with her Pavitra Rishta co-star, Sushant Singh Rajput. The duo dated each other for around 6 years and then, ended their relationship in 2016. Reportedly, the reason behind their break-up was Sushant’s growing friendship with the Bollywood actress, Kriti Sanon.
After her breakup with Sushant, Ankita found love in the businessman, Vicky Jain. The rumours about their relationship started doing rounds on internet after the 2017 Holi Bash, where the duo was spotted together. Later, the actress confirmed the same and stared sharing pictures with Vicky on her Instagram account.
In 2019, Ankita, along with her boyfriend Vicky, purchased a 8 BHK flat in the suburbs of Mumbai. Soon after that, the speculations about their upcoming marriage started doing the rounds on internet.
In 2020, there were rumours about Ankita getting engaged to Vicky after she shared a post on Instagram in which she was flaunting her diamond ring.
Ankita Lokhande started her acting career in 2009 with Ekta Kapoor‘s romantic-drama, “Pavitra Rishta.” She played the role of ‘Archana Deshmukh’ in the serial and became a household name.
In 2011, she participated in season 4 of the dance reality show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.” In the same year, Ankita participated in the comedy reality TV show, “Comedy Circus.” Next, she played the role ‘Pragya’ in the TV serial, “Ek Thhi Naayka.”
Ankita made her film debut in 2019 by playing the role of ‘Jhalkari Bai’ in the film, “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi.”
Subsequently, she appeared in the film, “Baaghi 3.”
On 5 June 2022, she won the trophy of Smart Jodi along with her husband, Vicky Jain; they also took home a cash prize of Rs. 25 lakh.
In 2023, she appeared as a contestant along with Vicky Jain in the reality show ‘Bigg Boss 17,’ which aired on Colors TV.
In 2015, Ankita Lokhande slapped her then-boyfriend, Sushant Singh Rajput publicly outside Yash Raj Studios. Later, she revealed that she slapped Sushant; as he was badly drunk and was dancing around girls in a weird way. India Today
For the TV serial, “Pavitra Rishta”
- 3rd Boroplus Gold Award for Debut in a Lead Role – Female (2010)
- Indian Television Academy Award for GR8! Face of The Year – Female (2010)
- 4th Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role (2011)
- Star Guild Award for Best Actress in Drama Series (2011)
- Indian Telly Award for Television Personality of The Year (2012)
- 5th Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role (2012)
- Star Guild Award for Best Actress in Drama Series (2014)
Ankita gets paid around Rs. 1 lakh per episode. Times of India As per reports, she received around Rs. 12 lakh for each episode for the reality show ‘Bigg Boss 17’ in October 2023, becoming the highest-paid contestant in the show. Hindustan
Ankita Lokhande owns a Porche car.
In March 2022, she bought a Mercedes Benz V worth over Rs. 1 crore.
- Food: Bhindi, Dal Fry, Butter Chicken
- Actor(s): Paul Walker, Simon Helbert
- Restaurant: Urban Tadka in Mumbai
- Music: Soft Romantic Songs, Ghazals
- Colour: White
- Travel Destination: Ladakh
- Her hobbies include dancing, swimming, playing badminton, shopping, and listening to music.
- She was good at sports in her school days. She played Badminton at the state level.
- Lokhande was an average student in her school and college days.
- She loves dancing and is a trained dancer.
- During her Pavitra Rishta days, she became one of the highest paid actresses of the Indian television.
- Initially, her parents were not happy with her decision of becoming an actress.
- Ankita is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Sc