Ankita Lokhande is the beautiful Indian actress, known for her role as Archana Manav Deshmukh in the TV series ‘Pavitra Rishta’ (2009). She has proven her acting ability in the mentioned TV serial, and now she is all set to make her film debut with Kangana Ranaut starrer ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi‘ (2018). Check out Ankita Lokhande Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Caste, Family, Biography & More:
Ankita Lokhande was born as Tanuja Lokhande, on 19 December 1984, in Indore. She had always aspired to become an actress, but she was still afraid of acting. After completing her college, she participated in the TV reality show, ‘Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj‘, where she proved her acting abilities and was titled as the best dancer. The show brought Ankita Lokhande to Mumbai, and her journey as an actress started.
Ankita has curly black hair, and her eye colour is brown.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Ankita Lokhande was born in a middle-class Hindu family, on 19 December 1984, in Indore. Her father Shashikant Lokhande works for a bank and her mother Vandana Pandis Lokhande is a teacher. When she was a little girl, she had decided to pursue acting, and her parents were aware of it and were quite supportive. She also has a younger brother Arpan Lokhande.
Ankita Lokhande fell in love with her co-actor Sushant Singh Rajput from their TV serial Pavitra Rishta. It was Sushant who proposed her first. At the beginning of the show she did not like him, but as time passed, she also got attracted to him. They were planning to get married in late 2016, but due to some issues both got separated. The reason behind their breakup is said to be Sushant’s Bollywood career and his co-actress Kriti Sanon.
Allegedly she is dating a businessman Vikas Jain who is the co-owner of the BCL Mumbai team. The two met through some common friends, but they have still not confirmed their relationship.
Ankita Lokhande always wanted to become an actress. She used to perform at the Ganpati Utsav and Navratri festival. As she was from a small town, she had no idea how she can fulfil her dream. After completing her college, she was about to start her training for Air Hostess job from Frankfinn, Indore. But at the same time auditions for the talent hunt ‘Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj‘. After taking approval from her mother, Ankita went for the audition got selected. Although she did not win the show, she received the title of Best Dancer and got the attention of actors like Satish Kaushik and Mahesh Manjrekar and she came to Mumbai.
After the show was over, she started looking for work and ended up doing modelling and some other assignments. She struggled for 4-long-years, and at the end, she got her big break with Zee TV‘s serial ‘Pavitra Rishta’. The show made her a star overnight, and there was no looking back for her. Alongside ‘Pavitra Rishta‘ she also recieved many films offers but she refused all as she was not convinced of her roles in the movies.
Ankita Lokhande appeared in ‘Jhalak Dikhla Ja‘ Season 4 (2010-11), as a participant and got eliminated in a few weeks. She also did stand up comedy paired with Kapil Sharma on ‘Comedy Circus‘ (2011) for a small time.
Right now Ankita is working on her Hindi film debut with Kangna Ranaut‘s ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi‘.
- After the show ‘Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj‘ was over, she started working as a model. She also did many print shoots.
- As soon as her Tv show ‘Pavitra Rishta‘ started, she became one of the highest paid actresses.
- Ankita Lokhande was an average student in school and college. But she was good at sports and has played badminton at the state level.
- She once slapped Sushant Singh Rajput as he was drunk and was dancing with girls around him when both were together at a party in a nightclub.
- Ankita Lokhande loves dancing. In fact. She is not a trained dancer, but she won the title of the best dancer in her first reality show ‘Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj‘.
- She is a fitness lover, but besides, she is also a foodie. Bhindi, dal fry and butter chicken, are her favourite food items.
- Her favourite actors are Paul Walker and Simon Helbert, and favourite actresses are Madhuri Dixit and Shilpa Shetty.
- Ankita Lokhande is an ardent dog lover. She has a pet dog with the name Scotch.