Abhishek Banerjee is an Indian actor, casting director, and screenwriter. In 2020, he appeared in the Amazon Prime Original series, ‘Paatal Lok;’ in which he played the role of ‘Vishal Hathoda Tyagi.’
Abhishek Banerjee was born on Tuesday, 15 November 1988 (age 31 years; as in 2019), in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his schooling from KV Andrews Ganj in New Delhi. He attended Kirori Mal College (KMC), Delhi to complete his graduation. New Indian Express
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Bengali Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father is a black cat commando in the Indian Paramilitary Force.
Relationships, Wife & Children
In 2014, he got married to Tina Noronha who is an architect and interior designer.
He started his career as a theatre actor. He joined a theatre group in Delhi. He got his first break as an actor in the Bollywood film, ‘Rang De Basanti’ (2006); as one of the students auditioning for a documentary role.
In 2016, he got immense popularity with The Screen Patti’s YouTube video, ‘Daaru Pe Charcha- Vijay Maal Legaya’ along with Jitendra Kumar aka Jeetu Bhaiya.
He has worked as an actor and casting director in various Bollywood films, like ‘No One Killed Jessica’ (2011), ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011), ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ (2016), ‘Secret Superstar’ (2017), and ‘Kalank’ (2019). He is well-appreciated for his acting skills in many popular Hindi web-series, like ‘TVF Pitchers’ (2015), ‘Mirzapur’ (2018), ‘Typewriter’ (2019), ‘Mirzapur Season 2’ (2020), and ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020).
- Film(s): ‘Cities of Sleep’ (2015) and ‘The Saints of Sin’ (2016)
- Book: Terribly Tiny Tales by Penguin Books India
- Reportedly, while he was in school, he played the role of Lord Rama in one of the school plays. He then decided to make his career in acting.
- In 2017, he started his own casting agency, ‘Casting Bay’ along with his partner Anmol Ahuja.
- He is a big fan of the legendary Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachchan. In an interview, he said,
I have always been an Amitabh Bachchan fan. I was in Tamil Nadu, and I used to watch a lot of Rajinikanth films. That’s when I also saw Hum on Doordarshan and was smitten by Mr Bachchan. You can call it a male crush! Since then, he’s been my Dronacharya. I always felt if a young Amitabh Bachchan had done Bombay Velvet in today’s time, it would’ve been something else. Don’t get me wrong!”
- His hobbies include travelling and listening to music.
- He is an animal lover and has a pet dog and pet cat.