Garima Vikrant Singh is an Indian actor who is known for her role as Saraswati in the television show ‘Gustakh Dil’ (2013).
Garima Vikrant Singh was born on Friday, 27 April 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Her hometown is Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. She has pursued MA in music. Saas Bahu aur Saazish – YouTube
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Garima’s father’s name is not known.
Garima’s mother’s name is Manju Srivastav.
She has one brother, Gaurav, and one sister, Tanushree.
Husband & Children
Garima got married to Yogesh Vikrant Singh, a writer on 26 February 2001.
They have a daughter, Vera Vikrant Singh.
Garima made her acting debut in 2008 with the Bollywood film Halla Bol and played the role of a Lady Minister.
Garima made her television debut in 2005 with the episodic role in CID.
In 2007, she appeared in the television show Parrivaar – Kartavya Ki Pariksha.
She appeared in other television shows like Chotti Bahu (2011-2012), Ishq Ka Rang Safed (2015-2016), Nimki Mukhiya (2017-2018), Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka! (2019-2020), and Nazar (2019).
- Her hobbies include travelling and dancing.
- She was interested in acting since childhood and used to do theatre plays when she was in Allahabad. When she was in college, she worked for All India Radio. In 2008, she played the role of Anisa’s mother in the show ‘Chand Ke Paar Chalo.’
- In 2013, she joined Ravi Ojha Productions as an actor and worked there till 2014. In 2015, she worked in Film Farm productions as an actor. In 2017, she started working with Qissago Telefilms LLP as an actor. In 2019, she joined 4 Lions Films as an actor.
- In an interview, she said that her love story started in college and the first interaction she had with her husband was in 1996 when he scolded her for driving the scooter fast outside the college.
- When she was in class six, her mother bought her a harmonium to practise singing. According to Garima, her father gifted her a tape recorder at her wedding that she possesses even after twenty-one years of marriage. In an interview, she also revealed that whenever the tape recorder gets damaged, she gets it repaired.
- In 2017, her niece Anukriti Singh directed a short film titled ‘The Writer’ in which she played a part. In an interview, she talked about the film and said,
The Writer is directed by my niece, Anukriti Singh. It is her first attempt at direction, so I really feel proud of her. If we don’t sit down to find faults in the movie, she has done a great job in her first endeavour.”
- She often gets a chance to read a new collection of books because her husband is a writer.
- In an interview, she talked about the time she spent with her family during the lockdown and said that spending time with her family gives her a lot of confidence. She further added,
Spending time with family builds confidence for all of its members. Parents can teach children to build self-esteem through specific skills such as problem solving and communication. They can also model the ability to love oneself without degrading others.”
- According to her, she appeared in many plays written by her husband. She also said that she started acting because of her husband.
- In 2019, she played a role in the TV show “Nazar” which was a supernatural genre. In an interview, she talked about acting in a supernatural show and said,
I’m excited about making my debut in the supernatural genre. I’m playing a character named Panna. It’s a strong role with grey shades.”
- According to her, the senior writers in the industry take ideas from the scripts written by young writers. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Many aspiring writers come to Mumbai. They meet senior writers and narrate their ideas, stories to them, hoping they would help them get some work in the industry. But those seniors steal their ideas, make a few changes in the script here and there and then present them as their own. I feel this is not a new phenomenon.”
- In 2022, she appeared in the web series titled ‘Nirmal Pathak Ki Ghar Wapsi’ and played the role of Nirmal’s aunt. In an interview, she talked about her show and said,
All types of people will relate to this show because it talks about homecoming. Everyone has to go back to home at the end of the day, and it celebrates that.”
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.