Utkarsh Sharma is an Indian actor who works in Bollywood. He is known for appearing in films like ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ (2001) and ‘Apne’ (2007) as a child actor.
Utkarsh Sharma was born on Sunday, 22 May 1994 (age 29 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He studied at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai.
He later pursued a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film Production and Direction at Chapman University in the United States. Utkarsh then studied Method Acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in the United States. The Times of India
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42, Waist: 30, Biceps: 14
Utkarsh Sharma belongs to a family of directors and producers.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Anil Sharma, is a director and producer, and his mother, Suman Sharma, is a homemaker.
Utkarsh has a sister named Kairvina Sharma, who is a musician.
Wife & Children
Utkarsh Sharma is unmarried and has no children.
Utkarsh Sharma debuted in Bollywood with the film ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ in 2001 as a child artist; he played the role of Charanjeet Singh “Jeete” in the film.
In 2004, he appeared as Kunal/Vikramjeet Singh in the film ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Sathiyo’ (2004). Utkarsh played the role of young Angad Singh Choudhary in the sports drama film ‘Apne.’
Director, Producer and Writer
While studying at Chapman University in the United States, Utkarsh worked on two short films titled ‘Purpose’ (2015) (as a director, producer, and writer), and ‘Still Life’ (2016) (as a writer).
In 2018, Utkarsh Sharma played the lead role for the first time in a romantic psychological action thriller film titled ‘Genius.’ He appeared as ‘Vasudev Shastri’ in the film.
In 2023, he appeared as Charanjeet Singh “Jeete” in the period action drama film ‘Gadar 2.’
He received the Best Male Debut award at the Mid-Day Showbiz Icons Awards in 2019.
- Food: Chinese cuisine, Nutella, Rajmah Chawal, Sabudana
- Films (Bollywood): Mother India (1957), Pyaasa (1957), Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Guide (1965), Paan Singh Tomar (2012)
- Films (Hollywood): The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Catch Me If You Can (2002), The Pursuit of Happyness (2006), The Conjuring (2013)
- Director: James Cameron
- Actors (Hollywood): Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt
- Actresses (Hollywood): Jennifer Lawrence, Megan Fox
- TV Shows (Indian): Bigg Boss
- TV Shows (American): South Park (1997), How I Met Your Mother (2005), Chuck (2007), Castle (2009)
- Singers/Rappers/DJ: Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, David Guetta, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson
- Book(s): ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho, ‘Twilight’ by Stephenie Meyer, ‘Goosebumps’ by R. L. Stine, ‘Bloodline’ by Sidney Sheldon
- Sport: Football
- Football Club(s): Arsenal, Real Madrid
- Brand(s): Armani, Calvin Klein, Ed Hardy
- Utkarsh Sharma is a trained dancer.
- He admires the English comic actor Charlie Chaplin.
- He likes reading, dancing, and watching football matches in his leisure time.
- In an interview, Utkarsh talked about how he got the opportunity to appear in the film ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ (2001). He revealed that his father, the film’s director, struggled to find a child actor due to scheduling-related issues and the challenging shooting locations. Given these difficulties, many parents were hesitant to let their children be part of the film; however, Utkarsh’s mother proposed that he could take on the role. Subsequently, Utkarsh was cast as Charanjeet Singh (Jeete). The Indian Express