Mayanti Langer Binny or Maya is a renowned sports anchor and journalist. Due to her in-depth knowledge of different games and beautiful ways of anchoring, she receives many contracts from different sports channels every year. People love to watch the beginning and consequences of the games that she presents after deep analysis and investigation with the sports experts and experienced players. Check out Mayanti Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Husband, Biography, Facts & More.
Mayanti was born on 8 February 1985 in Delhi, India. As her father Sanjiv Langer was an army man in Indian Army, she brought up in a cantonment and used to do various sports activities in her childhood. During this time, she developed an interest in sports, especially in football.
She is a talented and beautiful lady with a fit physique of 36-32-38 and 5′ 6″ height. She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a Christian Indian family in which her father Sanjiv Langer is an Indian Army Personnel and mother Preminda Langer is a teacher.
She met her future husband cricketer Stuart Binny, son of the former Indian cricketer Roger Binny, at the sports event in 2012, and after dating for around 6 months, they got married in the same year. She is older (4 months) than Stuart and living a happy married life with him for almost six years.
Mayanti is graduated in Arts from the Hindu College in New Delhi. After graduation, she was pursuing the masters in arts. At this time, officials of Zee Sports came to know about her through the Indian Youth Soccer Association (IYSA) league in Delhi, that she used to run a few years ago, and they called her for an audition. After being selected and successful performance, she continued her journey in this field.
In 2010, her first broadcasting on TV was as an anchor for the FIFA beach football league. As a host, her first live event was the football Federation Cup in Goa. Despite being nervous and inexperienced, she got into the action, and took it as a conversation among her group of friends over a particular topic, without fearing from the cameras or millions of viewers.
Till now, she has hosted various tournaments- 2010 Commonwealth Games, 2010 FIFA World Cup (broadcast on ESPN), 2011 Cricket World Cup, First Indian Super League in 2014, and 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup. She has hosted 6 World Cups across 3 different sports successfully. She has also worked as an associate producer of a football show that she used to anchor for Zee Sports.
- Initially, she wanted to become a graphic designer and never thought about appearing on TV, but after her studies, when she got an opportunity of anchoring for the FIFA beach football, via a television channel Zee Sports, she accepted it and decided to continue further in this field.
- In an interview, she revealed the fact that she used to cover the Olympics with a long 8-hour stint daily.
- She likes to watch football and cricket on TV.
- She is a fan of Vietnamese cuisine and she enjoys travel Europe with her husband.
- Moroccan-American rapper and songwriter French Montana is her favourite artist.
- She considers the Chinnaswamy stadium (Bangalore) very beautiful.
- Her favourite commentator is John Dykes, whereas, her favourite co-hosts are Jatin Sapru and Arjun Pandit.
- According to Mayanti, the 2015 WC cricket match between India and Pakistan at Adelaide is the best match that she ever been a part of.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was rejected four times to host the Indian Premier League (IPL). Talking about this, she said,
I got rejected for the IPL four times in a row. Before the 2011 edition, they called and said we have finalised you in the team, the next time we call you it will be about when to shoot the promo. It ended up not being me. They called me back and said ‘Listen you’ve just done the World Cup, you can’t do this, we need a new face.”