Neha Tanwar is an Indian Women cricketer, a right-hand batswoman and a right-arm off-break spin bowler.
Neha Tanwar was born on Monday, 11 August 1986 (age 34 years; as in 2020), in Naraina Village, located in South-West New Delhi. She studied at MCL Saraswati Bal Mandir Senior Secondary School in Hari Nagar, Delhi and grew up playing various sports, such as Kho Kho, Kabadi, Shot Put, Volleyball, but not cricket. She was introduced to cricket for the first time when she went to do her graduation in B.Com from Delhi’s Maitreyi College in 2003.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Neha Tanwar comes from a Rajput Family. YouTube
Parents & Siblings
Tanwar’s father, Rakesh Kumar Tanwar, is a government officer, whereas her mother is a homemaker. The Indian Express She has a brother, Siddharth Tanwar.
Relationships, Husband & Children
Neha Tanwar got married to Rituraj on 9 February 2011. The couple together has a son, Shlok (born in 2014).
Neha started playing cricket at the age of 17. She represented her college team, university team, and then earned a place in the state team in just two years since she was introduced to the sport. In 2010, she was chosen to play in the 2010-11 season of Challenger’s Trophy, and her remarkable performances in the tournament helped her earn a call-up from the Indian side. She played her first ODI match for the India women’s national cricket team on 18 January 2011, against West Indies Women at Rajkot. She also made her T20 International debut the same year on 26 June 2011, against England Women at Taunton. Neha could only manage to play five One Day and two T20 international matches for India. She didn’t get a chance to play for the national side after 2011; however, she continued to participate in the domestic matches. In 2014, Neha decided to take retirement from cricket owing to motherhood responsibilities, but she couldn’t stay away from cricket for much time and made a comeback in the 2015-16 Ranji Trophy. As of 2020, Neha has played more than a hundred domestic cricket matches and firmly believes that she will get a national call-up.
- Neha Tanwar took up cricket just for the sake of getting admission in Delhi’s Maitreyi College under sports quota. Prior to that, she had not even touched a cricket bat.
- Neha started out as a spin bowler; however, she embraced her batting skills and ended up becoming an opening batswoman.
- Neha Tanwar is one of the few female international cricketers who has made a comeback in the sport after giving birth to a child. She had to lose 20 kgs of weight to get back in shape.
- Neha is an employee in Indian Railways and plays cricket for the Indian Railways team. YouTube
- She used to have a habit of talking in her sleep. Her friends say that whenever she would speak while sleeping, it was always about cricket. YouTube
- She is a devotee of Sai Baba of Shirdi. YouTube
References [ + ]