The sensational opener, Mayank Anurag Agarwal is an Indian Cricketer who plays as a right-handed batsman for Karnataka.
Mayank was born on 16 February 1991 (age 27; as in 2018) in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. He was educated at the Bishop Cotton Boys’ School, Bengaluru. He went to Jain University, Bengaluru.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Wife
Mayank was born to Pranav Kumar Pandey, a builder, and Suchitra Singh.
He has one brother, Raj Kishan who is a former state-level cricketer.
He got married to Aashita Sood on 4 June 2018.
- During the Under-19 World Cup 2010, he was the leading run-scorer for India.
- He bagged the Madhavrao Scindia Award for the highest run-scorer in Ranji Trophy.
- He has played some phenomenal innings for RCB in IPL (2011). One of them was when he hit 41 runs in 31-balls against the Mumbai Indians.
- While playing opposite South Africa-A (2015), he contributed 176 of 133 and built a powerful alliance of 203 with Manish Pandey securing a total of 372 for the other team to beat.
Mayank played for Karnataka opposite Maharashtra in the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy in November 2017 and scored his first triple century in first-class cricket. During the 2018 IPL auction, he got hired by the Kings XI Punjab. In the 2018 Vijay Hazare Trophy, he was the leading run-scorer for Karnataka. He marked his international test debut against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground on 26th December 2018. Mayank made his ODI debut against New Zealand at Seddon Park on 5 February 2020.
- Mayank admires Sachin Tendulkar and started playing cricket because of the inspiration he gets from Sachin.
- He likes listening to music in free time.
- Virender Sehwag is his favourite cricketer.
- While playing as an opener for almost every side, he has always been able to maintain a good balance between his outstanding hits and partnership with his crease mate.
- He has represented Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils, and Rising Pune Supergiants (2017) in the IPL.