Cameron Green is an Australian all-rounder cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast-medium bowler. He got in the limelight after taking a 5-wicket haul in a match against Zimbabwe in Sheffield Shield; he became the youngest player to do so. In 2023, he was the second-most-expensive player in the IPL (Indian Premier League) history, bought by Mumbai Indians.
Cameron Green was born on Thursday, 3 June 1999 in Subiaco, Western Australia. His zodiac sign is Gemini. Green completed his formal education at Scotch College, Perth, and pursued a bachelor’s degree in Business and Commerce at The University of Western Australia, Perth in 2018.
Height (approx.): 6′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Extra Light Ash Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Parents & Siblings
Cameron’s father’s name is Gary Green. His mother, Bee Tracey, is a bookkeeper.
Cameron has a younger sister, Bella Green; she is a basketball player.
Cameron Green is unmarried.
Cameron Green has been in a relationship with Emily Redwood since 2019; she is a nutritionist.
First Class Cricket (Test Match)
Cameron started playing U-13 Junior Cricket League at 10 for the Subiaco-Floreat Cricket Club. He made his debut in the Western Australian Cricket Association’s (WACA) First Grade cricket at the age of 16. Impressed with his performance, Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) signed a rookie contract with him just before the Sheffield Shield season 2016-17. He played 8 matches in the U-19 national league with an average of 20 runs per inning and took a total of 20 wickets.
He took 5/24 wickets in 8.1 overs in the first inning against Tasmania and became the youngest player to take a 5-wicket haul in the Sheffield Shield.
He got a big breakthrough in Marsh Sheffield Shield 2019-20 season when he scored 87/167 playing at no. 8 and 121/172 playing at no. 9 against Queensland. Earlier, he was known as a Bowling-all rounder but with these innings, he established his name in batting too.
List-A Cricket (One Day)
Green made his debut in the one-day format against Pakistan during the Pakistan Tour of Australia at Brisbane Stadium on 10 January 2017. He bowled 10 overs and took 3 wickets by giving 59 runs with an economy rate of 5.90.
Cameron Green made his debut in Twenty-20 cricket for Perth Scorchers in Big Bash League 2018-19 season on 13 January 2019 against Sydney Sixers. He bowled two overs and gave 21 runs with an economy rate of 10.5.
Green made his Twenty-20 debut in April 2022 against Pakistan in the Australia Tour of Pakistan where he bowled three overs out of which 7 were dot balls; Green took 2 wickets by giving 16 runs with an economy rate of 5.33. He has played 8 T-20 matches till May 2023. His highest score is 61 against India and he took a total of 5 wickets in a year of T-20 format.
One Day International
In December 2022, Cameron made his debut in One Day International against India in which he bowled 4 overs with an economy rate of 6.75, and made 21/27 runs with a 77.77 strike rate. He has played 15 ODI matches till March 2023. His highest score was 89/92 against New Zealand in September 2022 and he took a 5-wicket haul in a match against Zimbabwe in August 2022; he was the Man of the Match in both matches. The Guardian
In December 2020, Cameron made his debut against India at Adelaide Oval, Australia, in which he bowled 9 overs of which 2 were maiden. His highest score in test cricket is 114/170 against India during the India Tour of Australia in Mar 2023; it was Cameron’s maiden century. He took a 5-wicket haul in 10.4 overs against South Africa with an economy rate of 2.53 in December 2022.
Indian Premier League (IPL)
In the IPL 2023 season, Cameron was bought by Mumbai Indians for AUD 3.15 million (Rs 17.5 cr), a replacement for West Indies veteran Kieron Pollard. He became the second most expensive player after Sam Kurran in IPL history. Mumbai Indians
He scored his maiden century (100/47) in IPL against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Wankhede Stadium on 21 May 2023; he became the player of the match. Cameron Green has played 16 matches in IPL 2023 and has scored 452 runs, with an average of 50.22. He has also slammed 1 century and 2 half-centuries with 40 fours and 22 sixes in his IPL career.
Awards & Achievements
- Player of the Match – Mumbai Indians vs Surisers Hyderabad May 2023
- Player of the Match – Australia vs Zimbabwe August 2022
- Player of the Match – Australia vs New Zealand September 2022
- Youngest player to pick up a five-wicket haul in the Sheffield Shield in the 2016–17 season
- The second most expensive overseas player in IPL history.
- Darlot Cup 2013 for Cricket by the Public School Association, Western Australia
- Alcock Cup 2016 for football by the Public School Association, Western Australia
- Film: Blades of Glory
- Before Green’s test debut against India, Australian captain Pat Cummins gave him the famous baggy green cap. It is a tradition in Australia to wear a baggy green cap in test matches; the respect for this cap is very high that it was auctioned in millions.
- Cameron Green’s other name is Cameron Donald Green.
- His Jersey number is 42 in One Day Format, Test Match, T20, and IPL.
- He is the youngest bowler to take a five-wicket haul in the history of Shield cricket.
- Wayne Clark is the coach for Cameron Green’s club, Subiaco-Floreat Cricket Club.
- Cameron Green is an animal lover; he has a cavapoochon dog.